- How The DWP Is Trying To Hide Even More #fakedwpstories
- These Statistics Tell Us Fuck All But One Death Was Too Many
- Iain Duncan Smith Is Still A Fucking Idiot – And Only We Can Stop Him
- Begging Is A Lifestyle Choice Says Leeds Councillor As Homelessness Charities Launch The Nastiest Campaign Yet
- #WEcan Expose The Wannabe Tory Councillor Behind The DWP’s Workfare Campaign
- #WEcan and We Did Fuck Up The DWP’s Online Campaign To Promote Workfare
- #WEcan Fuck Up The DWP’s Online Campaign To Promote Mass Workfare
- Fuck The Tories – The Fight To Save Social Security Gets Bigger Every Day
- DWP Hires Miracle Lifestyle Guru Who Claims 95% Success Rate In Curing Mental Health Conditions!
- Striving For Revolution, Let’s Bring The Bastards Down
- George Osborne Declares War On The Working Class. Are We Fucking Up For It?
- Disabled Protesters Bring Chaos To Central London To Say #Balls2TheBudget
- Fuck Sotheby’s, Fuck The Rich, Let’s Take The Class War To Their Front Doors
- Over 90,000 Children Now In Temporary Accommodation As The Homelessness Epidemic Gets Even Worse
- Wednesday 8th July – DPAC Return to Parliament in a day of action to say #Balls2TheBudget.
- .IDS Must Go Tweetlist #IDSMustGo. dftr.org.uk/Songbird.php?T… via @dis_ppl_protest 2 days ago
- So @andyburnhammp wants to localise DWP budget. Cos that worked so well for Council Tax Benefit. johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2014/11/17/cou… Fucking dickhead. 2 days ago
- #idsmustgo trending in London. Spread the word. 2 days ago
- Open Letter to Iain Duncan Smith shar.es/1vvcBw via @Dis_PPL_Protest #IDSMUSTGO 2 days ago
- @TickyW agree but at least we know who those people are now 2 days ago
- Queen’s Speech: For Our Poorest, Our Sick and Our Disabled The Worst is Yet to ComeQueen’s speech ‘suggests the worst is yet to come’ By John Pring Disability News Service 28th May 2015 Disabled people should prepare themselves for more cuts and further attacks on their rights over the next five years, disabled campaigners have … Continue reading →
- Queen’s Speech: For Our Poorest, Our Sick and Our Disabled The Worst is Yet to Come
- B&M Bargains National Day of Action – over 20 stores!Saturday 27th June saw an inspiring nation-wide Day of Action against B&M Bargains, a notorious user of workfare. In a very short space of time the action snowballed, with autonomous groups organising actions against B&M in at least 20 towns and cities across the UK (let us know if we’ve left you off the list […]
- B&M Bargains National Day of Action – over 20 stores!
- Callout for Foreign Language Speakers to do some translation for DPACWe are looking for Spanish, Chinese, Russian, German and Italian speakers who would be able to translate short-ish pieces of text for DPAC, typically about a side of a4 per time. Unfortunately we would not be able to pay anyone to do translations, as we just do not have the funds to put to this,… Continue Reading Callout for Foreign Language Speakers to do […]
- Callout for Foreign Language Speakers to do some translation for DPAC
- THIS BLOG IS NOW CLOSED FOR GOODWhen the mode of the music changes the walls of the city shake.
- THIS BLOG IS NOW CLOSED FOR GOOD
- DWP Publishes Death Statistics: 80 Average a Month Die After Being Declared “Fit for Work”.Iain Duncan Smith, still “Fit for DWP Work”. The Department for Work and Pensions has admitted defeat in its attempt to hide the number of people who have died while claiming incapacity benefits since November 2011 – and has announced that the number who died between January that year and February 2014 is a shocking […]
- DWP Publishes Death Statistics: 80 Average a Month Die After Being Declared “Fit for Work”.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Site www.refuted.org.uk no longer updated from today, August 1st 2015As of August 1st 2015 this site will no longer being updated, therefore any rights based information can no longer be relied upon. However, as most of the website is based upon and refers to Freedom of information Act (FOIA) … Continue reading →
- Site www.refuted.org.uk no longer updated from today, August 1st 2015
Monthly Archives: July 2011
It’s open season on the News of the World and that, by any sane indicator, is probably a good thing. Let’s hope they get some real justice delivered to their doorstep at tomorrow’s protest outside their offices.
The real story is that the police sat on this information for so long and Cameron’s cosy relationship with all things Murdoch. This is already disappearing under the reams of self-satisfied liberal tweeters and guardianistas announcing the latest multi-national blood sucker to pick up a bit of free PR by pulling an ad from this weekend’s newspaper.
It already looks like Cameron and no doubt Murdoch will walk away unscathed. They’ve had a long time to prepare for this, thanks to the inaction of the filth. The NOTW will either cling on or merge with the Sun and normal service will be resumed after this break from their sponsors.
Of course hacking a missing teenager’s phone is fucking out of order, particularly as it led to false hope for her parents. The same applies to 7/7 victims and dead soldiers families, although possibly not to celebrities and MPs. No-one really gave a shit about that. At the very least what we’re seeing is some boundaries set as to who the public consider fair game.
It may surprise some people but most NOTW readers aren’t stupid. They know, probably more so than holier than thou Guardian readers, that the press are a bunch of hypocritical lying wankers. They read it for the footie, the telly, the horoscopes or because they want to know who Ryan Giggs is shagging this week. It’s entertainment with a bit of news on top. And it fits in your back pocket.
It may be that the News of the World has crossed a line with it’s readers, just as the Sun did in Liverpool over the Hillsborough tragedy. A mass boycott this Sunday is possible and would be genuinely fucking funny. Pleading with other capitalists to sort it all out for us and make that nasty Mr Murdoch go away is just silly.
Whether a mass boycott does happen remains to be seen. If it does it will have little to do with anything some liberal said on twitter. For now people still appear to be buying the Sun. Compared to actively working to destroy working class communities, engineering hate campaigns against the sick, disabled and unemployed, or ruthlessly slandering a city in mourning, this all seems just a bit, well, under-whelming. People have got bigger shit to worry about at the moment. This was grubby hacks doing grubby hack shit. No-one died as a result of their actions.
The likes of Ford and NPower currently enjoying the
free corporate PR moral high ground by pulling ads do worse shit than this every fucking day. And meanwhile the rest of the corporate press, who are equally up to their necks in it, will enjoy the boost in ad revenue the current campaign is gifting them.
This hasn’t stopped the liberal twitterati jumping up and down with glee every time some corporate parasite grabs a bit of free air time by withdrawing an ad from the NOTW. Vote now says Sunny Hundal (ever the opportunist), email them, tweet, jump up and down in outrage, let’s see who we can boot out of the Newscorp house this week.
It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloids to become ever more intrusive and drag every last drop of sensational copy from every tragedy. It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloid witch hunts, the hate campaigns and the alienation which means some people know more about what Chezza’s up to than their neighbours. And it’s capitalism that has forced all of the corporate press, along with politicians, so far to the right of the political spectrum that it’s become the default setting even in the Guardian and the Mirror. It’s all about the money.
Appealing to other capitalists to change things is worse than futile. They will point to the inbuilt morality of the market whilst milking the situation for every last penny they can get. Perhaps NOTW will go down, perhaps not. Either way the market will be shown to have triumphed. Enjoy the spectacle folks. I’d rather watch X Factor.