- Simon Chapman, A Very Distinguished Fucking Anarchist
- They Are Coming For The Internet – New Porn and Copyright Laws Could Criminalise Millions
- Sanction Low Paid Worker’s Benefits To #solveukpoverty Say The Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Hunger, Homelessness and Despair, The Stark Reality of the Benefit Cap
- DPAC Week of Action – September 4th-10th. #RightsNotGames
- The Working Class Is Back In The Game, Let’s Make Sure We Fucking Stay There
- What A Shambles, Lord Fraud’s Budgeting Support Trials An Embarrassing, Expensive Flop
- Shocking Transphobia From Evangelical Group Linked To Stephen Crabb
- Stephen Crabb Sits On Council Of Gay Cure Church Front Group
- Shades Of The Workhouse, Lord Fraud Hints At Mandatory Jobs Training In Hostels And Women’s Refuges
- To The Streets! Support The Cleaners Striking Against Corporate Property Vultures @CBRE
- The Future Is There For The Taking, Now Is The Time To Wage Class War Against The Rich
- New Disability Tests Are Even Worse Than First Feared, Join The Fightback On July 13th
- How Eric Pickles Acted To Protect The Empty Penthouses Of The Global Super Rich
- Shocking New Figures Reveal The Collapse Of Social House-Building In London
- Somewhere in Hackney, rest easy Simon Chapman and know you were loved x https://t.co/pcP7dYCxV0 8 months ago
- RT @UVWunion: The LSE refused to act on homophobic hate crimes on campus. Hold them to account - protest 24 Feb, 12.30 pm https://t.co/qL1D… 9 months ago
- Simon Chapman, A Very Distinguished Fucking Anarchist johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/sim… https://t.co/UuHJzVbxW1 9 months ago
- @PostAntiquarian yeah, not fair is it 9 months ago
- @PostAntiquarian Not entirely sure, his heart I think. 9 months ago
- Template: ‘Arrears of Employment & Support Allowance which may be owed to me through your official error’Following news that DWP have made error when transferring Claimants to ESA. Below is a template which you can copy and paste to DWP Credit :Nick Dilworth @mylegalforum ilegal.org.uk [Your Address] The Customer Complaints … Continue reading →
- Template: ‘Arrears of Employment & Support Allowance which may be owed to me through your official error’
- The violence of workfare exposedA new book chapter using testimonies compiled by Boycott Workfare exposes the violent impact of forced labour. When we talk about what’s wrong with workfare, we often mention the horrifying material impact on people’s lives of the benefit sanctions that underwrite it. The political impact of unwaged work is also important – the way it […]
- The violence of workfare exposed
- Template letter for claimants who may be affected and entitled to arrears of ESAThanks to Nick Dilworth who wrote this template letter You can follow him @Mylegalforum http://ilegal.org.uk/ [Your Address] The Customer Complaints Manager [Address of your Employment & Support Allowance Office] *shown on your most recent correspondence from them Date Dear Sir / Madam, National Insurance No: Arrears of Employment & Support A […]
- Template letter for claimants who may be affected and entitled to arrears of ESA
- Budget: Universal Credit Sticking Plaster Announced.As Ace Reporter, Breaking News, informs us, with the rest of our tip top team of Contributors, there are some changes to Universal Credit in the Budget. I was initially confused with all this talk of 1,5 Billion, which it turns out, is not the Queen’s Billion, a million million (i.e. 1,000,000,000,000), but a miserable […]
- Budget: Universal Credit Sticking Plaster Announced.
- Devisers of Universal Credit blithely wish claimants a rotten Christmas 2017?Placard: "Government knows what it's doing."Do you know what they are planning?From Private Eye, 3-16 November issue 'In the Back' p37 (the one with a 'sex shop' photo on the cover):With the opposition, the Commons work and pensions select committee and even universal credit's instigator, Iain Duncan Smith, lining up t […]
- Devisers of Universal Credit blithely wish claimants a rotten Christmas 2017?
- What Netpol’s new report says about the policing of anti-fracking protests in 2017‘Protecting the Planet is Not a Crime’ – Netpol’s new report on the policing of anti-fracking protests during 2017 – was launched on Monday outside the gates of Cuadrilla’s site on Preston New Road in Lancashire. The launch highlighted one conclusion of our report – the overwhelming case for an external review of the way …
- What Netpol’s new report says about the policing of anti-fracking protests in 2017
- Under 25? You must spend 48 hours a week looking for work on Universal Credit?With regards the 48 hour Universal Credit (UC) Claimant Commitment (CC) weekly ‘expected hours’ to look and prepare for work for under 25 year olds, that someone mentioned* at the Manchester ‘Welfare Action Gathering’, this needs clarification. “A claimant’s ‘expected hours’ … Continue reading →
- Under 25? You must spend 48 hours a week looking for work on Universal Credit?
Monthly Archives: July 2011
It’s open season on the News of the World and that, by any sane indicator, is probably a good thing. Let’s hope they get some real justice delivered to their doorstep at tomorrow’s protest outside their offices.
The real story is that the police sat on this information for so long and Cameron’s cosy relationship with all things Murdoch. This is already disappearing under the reams of self-satisfied liberal tweeters and guardianistas announcing the latest multi-national blood sucker to pick up a bit of free PR by pulling an ad from this weekend’s newspaper.
It already looks like Cameron and no doubt Murdoch will walk away unscathed. They’ve had a long time to prepare for this, thanks to the inaction of the filth. The NOTW will either cling on or merge with the Sun and normal service will be resumed after this break from their sponsors.
Of course hacking a missing teenager’s phone is fucking out of order, particularly as it led to false hope for her parents. The same applies to 7/7 victims and dead soldiers families, although possibly not to celebrities and MPs. No-one really gave a shit about that. At the very least what we’re seeing is some boundaries set as to who the public consider fair game.
It may surprise some people but most NOTW readers aren’t stupid. They know, probably more so than holier than thou Guardian readers, that the press are a bunch of hypocritical lying wankers. They read it for the footie, the telly, the horoscopes or because they want to know who Ryan Giggs is shagging this week. It’s entertainment with a bit of news on top. And it fits in your back pocket.
It may be that the News of the World has crossed a line with it’s readers, just as the Sun did in Liverpool over the Hillsborough tragedy. A mass boycott this Sunday is possible and would be genuinely fucking funny. Pleading with other capitalists to sort it all out for us and make that nasty Mr Murdoch go away is just silly.
Whether a mass boycott does happen remains to be seen. If it does it will have little to do with anything some liberal said on twitter. For now people still appear to be buying the Sun. Compared to actively working to destroy working class communities, engineering hate campaigns against the sick, disabled and unemployed, or ruthlessly slandering a city in mourning, this all seems just a bit, well, under-whelming. People have got bigger shit to worry about at the moment. This was grubby hacks doing grubby hack shit. No-one died as a result of their actions.
The likes of Ford and NPower currently enjoying the
free corporate PR moral high ground by pulling ads do worse shit than this every fucking day. And meanwhile the rest of the corporate press, who are equally up to their necks in it, will enjoy the boost in ad revenue the current campaign is gifting them.
This hasn’t stopped the liberal twitterati jumping up and down with glee every time some corporate parasite grabs a bit of free air time by withdrawing an ad from the NOTW. Vote now says Sunny Hundal (ever the opportunist), email them, tweet, jump up and down in outrage, let’s see who we can boot out of the Newscorp house this week.
It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloids to become ever more intrusive and drag every last drop of sensational copy from every tragedy. It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloid witch hunts, the hate campaigns and the alienation which means some people know more about what Chezza’s up to than their neighbours. And it’s capitalism that has forced all of the corporate press, along with politicians, so far to the right of the political spectrum that it’s become the default setting even in the Guardian and the Mirror. It’s all about the money.
Appealing to other capitalists to change things is worse than futile. They will point to the inbuilt morality of the market whilst milking the situation for every last penny they can get. Perhaps NOTW will go down, perhaps not. Either way the market will be shown to have triumphed. Enjoy the spectacle folks. I’d rather watch X Factor.