- The Working Class Is Back In The Game, Let’s Make Sure We Fucking Stay There
- What A Shambles, Lord Fraud’s Budgeting Support Trials An Embarrassing, Expensive Flop
- Shocking Transphobia From Evangelical Group Linked To Stephen Crabb
- Stephen Crabb Sits On Council Of Gay Cure Church Front Group
- Shades Of The Workhouse, Lord Fraud Hints At Mandatory Jobs Training In Hostels And Women’s Refuges
- To The Streets! Support The Cleaners Striking Against Corporate Property Vultures @CBRE
- The Future Is There For The Taking, Now Is The Time To Wage Class War Against The Rich
- New Disability Tests Are Even Worse Than First Feared, Join The Fightback On July 13th
- How Eric Pickles Acted To Protect The Empty Penthouses Of The Global Super Rich
- Shocking New Figures Reveal The Collapse Of Social House-Building In London
- Social Cleansing In London Is All Too Real, To Deny It Is Irresponsible
- How Consent Has Been Manufactured For In Work Benefit Sanctions
- Like Feeding Time At The Fucking Zoo – Workfare Industry Hijacks In-Work Sanctions Inquiry
- Fraud And Error Soaring In Universal Credit And Benefit Underpayments Hit Record High
- The True Horrors Of In-work Benefit Sanctions Have Not Yet Been Understood
- RT @Classwar2015: Fight male violence! Friday 5 August meet 8pm Angel tube EC1V 1NE bit.ly/2amaOa0 @MxJackMonroe #bbcsp https://t.… 11 hours ago
- RT @radowitzky57: https://t.co/XGvLUhrNCM 6 days ago
- RT @Shrink_at_Large: BEATS AGAINST CUTS London’s Finest DJs Line-Up to Raise funds for DPAC 26 July at 20:00–1:00 MT @Dis_PPL_Protest https… 6 days ago
- RT @UVWunion: Come to @amershamarms 23 July & support @UVWunion and low paid & migrant workers facebook.com/events/1171761… https://t.co/dNbOdbF… 6 days ago
- RT @Classwar2015: 90,000 children in London in temporary housing, report says insidecroydon.com/2016/07/19/900… via @insidecroydon @open_gdn_estate @… 1 week ago
- The banana republic morality of Labour’s NEC ~ By David OslandWHEN was the last time a mass social democratic party anywhere in the world was formally forbidden to meet? The best answer I can come up with is 1973, in the wake of the military takeover in Chile.
- The banana republic morality of Labour’s NEC ~ By David Osland
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- More on Universal Credit Delay.Damien Green’s Constituency: the Place to Learn first hand about the Problems of People on Low incomes and on Benefits. Universal Credit roll-out delayed for a further year Full roll-out of Universal Credit will now not be completed until March 2022. Reports Welfare Weekly. New Work and Pensions Secretary, Damien Green MP, has announced a further one […] […]
- More on Universal Credit Delay.
- Some placards about Claimant Commitment, Universal Jobmatch and Universal CreditSome of these placard designs below previously appeared without the KUWG two handed salute logo that has since become a feature of Kwug placards.Claimant Commitment will make a fag out of youPunitive Jobmatch is state terrorismUniversal Jobmatch? For jobs on Pluto?Universal Credit will sink you in rent arrears"Universal Credit can require people to wait […]
- Some placards about Claimant Commitment, Universal Jobmatch and Universal Credit
- Resisting Prevent: an activist’s guideNetpol has put together a new guide for activists on how to start resisting the government’s Prevent strategy at a local level As part of our support for Together Against Prevent, the campaign tactic adopted by a growing number of organisations, this guide is intended to help activists to organise locally in order to resist … The post Resisting Prevent: an a […]
- Resisting Prevent: an activist’s guide
- Under 25? You must spend 48 hours a week looking for work on Universal Credit?With regards the 48 hour Universal Credit (UC) Claimant Commitment (CC) weekly ‘expected hours’ to look and prepare for work for under 25 year olds, that someone mentioned* at the Manchester ‘Welfare Action Gathering’, this needs clarification. “A claimant’s ‘expected hours’ … Continue reading →
- Under 25? You must spend 48 hours a week looking for work on Universal Credit?
Monthly Archives: July 2011
It’s open season on the News of the World and that, by any sane indicator, is probably a good thing. Let’s hope they get some real justice delivered to their doorstep at tomorrow’s protest outside their offices.
The real story is that the police sat on this information for so long and Cameron’s cosy relationship with all things Murdoch. This is already disappearing under the reams of self-satisfied liberal tweeters and guardianistas announcing the latest multi-national blood sucker to pick up a bit of free PR by pulling an ad from this weekend’s newspaper.
It already looks like Cameron and no doubt Murdoch will walk away unscathed. They’ve had a long time to prepare for this, thanks to the inaction of the filth. The NOTW will either cling on or merge with the Sun and normal service will be resumed after this break from their sponsors.
Of course hacking a missing teenager’s phone is fucking out of order, particularly as it led to false hope for her parents. The same applies to 7/7 victims and dead soldiers families, although possibly not to celebrities and MPs. No-one really gave a shit about that. At the very least what we’re seeing is some boundaries set as to who the public consider fair game.
It may surprise some people but most NOTW readers aren’t stupid. They know, probably more so than holier than thou Guardian readers, that the press are a bunch of hypocritical lying wankers. They read it for the footie, the telly, the horoscopes or because they want to know who Ryan Giggs is shagging this week. It’s entertainment with a bit of news on top. And it fits in your back pocket.
It may be that the News of the World has crossed a line with it’s readers, just as the Sun did in Liverpool over the Hillsborough tragedy. A mass boycott this Sunday is possible and would be genuinely fucking funny. Pleading with other capitalists to sort it all out for us and make that nasty Mr Murdoch go away is just silly.
Whether a mass boycott does happen remains to be seen. If it does it will have little to do with anything some liberal said on twitter. For now people still appear to be buying the Sun. Compared to actively working to destroy working class communities, engineering hate campaigns against the sick, disabled and unemployed, or ruthlessly slandering a city in mourning, this all seems just a bit, well, under-whelming. People have got bigger shit to worry about at the moment. This was grubby hacks doing grubby hack shit. No-one died as a result of their actions.
The likes of Ford and NPower currently enjoying the
free corporate PR moral high ground by pulling ads do worse shit than this every fucking day. And meanwhile the rest of the corporate press, who are equally up to their necks in it, will enjoy the boost in ad revenue the current campaign is gifting them.
This hasn’t stopped the liberal twitterati jumping up and down with glee every time some corporate parasite grabs a bit of free air time by withdrawing an ad from the NOTW. Vote now says Sunny Hundal (ever the opportunist), email them, tweet, jump up and down in outrage, let’s see who we can boot out of the Newscorp house this week.
It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloids to become ever more intrusive and drag every last drop of sensational copy from every tragedy. It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloid witch hunts, the hate campaigns and the alienation which means some people know more about what Chezza’s up to than their neighbours. And it’s capitalism that has forced all of the corporate press, along with politicians, so far to the right of the political spectrum that it’s become the default setting even in the Guardian and the Mirror. It’s all about the money.
Appealing to other capitalists to change things is worse than futile. They will point to the inbuilt morality of the market whilst milking the situation for every last penny they can get. Perhaps NOTW will go down, perhaps not. Either way the market will be shown to have triumphed. Enjoy the spectacle folks. I’d rather watch X Factor.