“Research shows that up to 90% of CCTV installations fail to comply with the Information Commissioner’s UK CCTV Code of Practice and many installations are operated illegally. That has profound implications for the reputation of the CCTV and camera surveillance industry and all concerned with it. It‚s clear there is a need for an organisation dedicated to promoting the legal and effective use of CCTV. I’m not surprised there’s confusion. It’s a complex area not just covering appropriate siting and signage issues, but also various pieces of legislation. In particular, the Data Protection Act covers images of people and requires they are held securely if the data is to be used as legal and admissible evidence. Storing images of people is also impacted by the EU Human Rights Act. As things stand today, clever legal counsel could drive a horse and cart through most CCTV evidence and that is not in anybody’s best interests.”
- Over 90,000 Children Now In Temporary Accommodation As The Homelessness Epidemic Gets Even Worse
- Wednesday 8th July – DPAC Return to Parliament in a day of action to say #Balls2TheBudget.
- Don’t Let The Garden Bridge Turn Into The Workfare Bridge, Tell @TheGardenBridge To Pay A Living Wage
- Streatham Jobcentre Besieged By Protesters Demanding No Forced Treatment
- Unemployment Is Not Caused By Unemployed People: Keep The Psychocrats Out Of Jobcentres
- Shameless: Charity Bosses To Gather In Luxury Hotel For £715 Homelessness Conference
- Priti Patel Hands Award To Poverty Pay Employer That Pays Just £2.68 An Hour
- How The Benefit Lies Begin: Claimants Offered Cash And Fame To Say They Don’t Want Jobs
- Sunday Mirror’s Savage Attack On Elderly Women’s Wedding Shows Where The Labour Party Are Heading
- Worse Than The Poor Law, Universal Credit Slammed By Councils, Charities And Even Landlords
- The Biggest Attack On Wages Yet, Sectors With High Vacancies To Get Thousands Of Workfare Workers
- Black Cap Occupied, Camden Is Rising, Thank Fuck For The Fuck Parade
- Iain Duncan Smith’s First Re-Education Centre To Open In Streatham Jobcentre
- The Mayor Of Liverpool’s Murky Fundraising Ball Should Not Pass Without Scrutiny
- How The Benefit Lies Begin. Ludicrous Claims By Job’s Website Reported As Facts In Tory Press
- RT @AnitaBellows12: Wednesday 8th July – DPAC Return to Parliament in a day of action to say #Balls2TheBudget. shar.es/1qkVxY via … 19 hours ago
- RT @Independent: Sotheby's cleaners banned from work after protest asking for better sick pay ind.pn/1FVkcUV http://t.co/SqwHMarsn7 1 day ago
- RT @AaronBastani: Britain in 2015: on Wednesday @Sothebys sold a Warhol for £21 million, on Thursday it fired cleaners and porters who want… 1 day ago
- Forced Therapy at the DWP - Sanctions and Workfare get a new ally wp.me/p6nekn-1a via @PaulHowsley 2 days ago
- RT @HousingActionSL: Callout: Eviction Resistance this Friday - follow us for the latest updates/news | …tionsouthwarkandlambeth.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/cal… http://t.… 2 days ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- National Day of Action Against B&M Bargains – all the actionsHere is the full list (as far as we know) of actions in the national day of action against B&M Bargains’ use of workfare today, Saturday 27th June! If you’re going to one of these actions , let us know how you get along by email, or on Twitter. The hashtag for the day of action is #BandMDayofAction […]
- National Day of Action Against B&M Bargains – all the actions
- The Paradox of ESA’s Work-Related Activity Group and nasty plans to cut it.[Reblogged from Wordthings of Jon blog, with thanks] There’s a paradox in the way Employment & Support Allowance was built. It affects 5,000 of the 2.5 million ESA claimants. Very few people know about it, and even fewer care. I’m one of those 5,000 people. This group includes people with degenerative conditions like Alzheimer’s dementia,… Continue Readi […]
- The Paradox of ESA’s Work-Related Activity Group and nasty plans to cut it.
- THIS BLOG IS NOW CLOSED FOR GOODWhen the mode of the music changes the walls of the city shake.
- THIS BLOG IS NOW CLOSED FOR GOOD
- Threat to Housing Benefit as 10% Claimant “Contribution” to Rent Floated.One of Iain Duncan Smith’s Gaffs: No Housing Benefit Problems for him! “State benefits paid to thousands of sick and disabled people could be cut by £30 a week as part of the £12bn of welfare cuts to be implemented by the Government.” reports the Independent today. People on housing benefit could be forced to […]
- Threat to Housing Benefit as 10% Claimant “Contribution” to Rent Floated.
- Resisting ‘Prevent’ and the War on DissentIn hospital departments, council offices, GP surgeries and schools across the country, trainers are preparing an army of staff for a new ‘war on terrorism': their task, to identify those who may have supposedly stepped onto “an escalator of radicalisation”. From today, provisions within the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015 shift the government’s […]
- Resisting ‘Prevent’ and the War on Dissent
- Can DWP providers force you to use Universal Jobmatch clones like myworksearch.co.uk and www.avantajobs.com?Universal Jobmatch (UJ) and consent It is self-evident that Universal Jobmatch (UJ) can be and is used to facilitate benefit sanctions and total loss of benefits. This as such is the principle reason the Information Commissioners Office requires that the … Continue reading →
- Can DWP providers force you to use Universal Jobmatch clones like myworksearch.co.uk and www.avantajobs.com?