“Research shows that up to 90% of CCTV installations fail to comply with the Information Commissioner’s UK CCTV Code of Practice and many installations are operated illegally. That has profound implications for the reputation of the CCTV and camera surveillance industry and all concerned with it. It‚s clear there is a need for an organisation dedicated to promoting the legal and effective use of CCTV. I’m not surprised there’s confusion. It’s a complex area not just covering appropriate siting and signage issues, but also various pieces of legislation. In particular, the Data Protection Act covers images of people and requires they are held securely if the data is to be used as legal and admissible evidence. Storing images of people is also impacted by the EU Human Rights Act. As things stand today, clever legal counsel could drive a horse and cart through most CCTV evidence and that is not in anybody’s best interests.”
- Austerity Might Be An Opportunity Says Welfare-To-Work Boss As She Eyes Up Jobcentres
- It’s Time To Learn From History, Direct Action and Disobedience Is What Brings Governments Down
- And The Minister For Housing Is … A Fucking Landlord
- Minister for Disabled People’s Cosy Relationship With Mayor Sacked In Disgrace For Disability Hate Comments
- The Worst Of Margaret Thatcher Meets The Worst Of Tony Blair, We Need To Fight These Bastards Like Never Before
- Over 4 Million People Who Want Jobs: Is The So-Called Jobs Miracle Shuddering To A Halt?
- New Unelected Pensions Minister Ros Altmann Wants Us To Work Till We Drop
- Priti Patel Appointed Minister Of Death At The DWP
- The London Mob Is Rising, Rage Against The Tories Hits The Streets Within A Day Of Election Result
- When Politics Is This Broken It’s Time To Get Out In The Fucking Streets – Starting Tomorrow, 3pm Conservative HQ
- How Easily The Fickle Rich Are Swayed, Russell Brand Puts Down His Pitchfork
- Shameful: Scottish Charity Journal Publishes Terrorism Allegations Aimed At Boycott Workfare
- The 2.25 Million Hidden Unemployed People Reveals The Stark Truth: There’s No Fucking Jobs
- What Do We Want? More Fucking Money. Vote Class War To Double The Dole!
- Join The Week Of Action Against Workfare And Tell @bmstores What You Think
- @LindaBurnip @boycottworkfare @Dis_PPL_Protest fully accessible workfare 2 hours ago
- RT @Classwar2015: this 30 year-old poster is now ILLEGAL according to the Met police so for fuck sake don't retweet it or anything http://t… 4 hours ago
- RT @redrumlisa: Our right to protest is under threat come and support me 11am Bethnal Green Police Station Friday. @LSEOCCUPATION .@GoldOcc… 1 day ago
- RT @SweetsWayN20: URGENT ACTION: No to domestic violence AND homelessness! Tell @BarnetCouncil: House Jennifer! sweetswayresists.wordpress.com/2015/05/20/jen… htt… 2 days ago
- Austerity Might Be An Opportunity Says Welfare-To-Work Boss As She Eyes Up Jobcentres wp.me/p1Awq-2kl 2 days ago
- GE15 The Disability Audit ~ In the name of love put an end to this vile pogrom on disabled people NOW!‘The Disability Audit: the eight coalition policies that have hit disabled people’ By Frances Ryan New Statesman After looking in detail at all the changes to the benefits system in the last five years, it’s only possible to come to one conclusion: … Continue reading →
- GE15 The Disability Audit ~ In the name of love put an end to this vile pogrom on disabled people NOW!
- Saturday 27th June, National Day of Action against B&M Bargains – the DWP’s pet exploiterB&M Bargains have just won a ‘prestigious’ workfare industry award for their use of forced upaid labour. We need to let them know this has not gone unnoticed. They need to understand that it is unacceptable to have this sort of exploitation take place in our communities. B&M bargains are a private, profit making company […]
- Saturday 27th June, National Day of Action against B&M Bargains – the DWP’s pet exploiter
- Received a nasty letter from DWP? Check your rights!!A very interesting FOI response from DWP has arrived today. The FOI request is here https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/261733/response/654968/attach/3/FOI%201416.pdf But what interest us is the first statement of the FOI request and the response. The first statement is as follows: ‘I have become aware that a number of people allocated to the ESA Support […]
- Received a nasty letter from DWP? Check your rights!!
- DEFEND LISA McKENZIE TOMORROWDEFEND LISA McKENZIE – TOMORROW FRIDAY at Bethnal green police station 10.30 am Lisa has been subject to continual police harassment since her arrest for putting a sticker on the window of No.1 commercial street during a poordoors protest. Now … Continue reading →
- DEFEND LISA McKENZIE TOMORROW
- Official: One in five benefit-related deaths involved sanctions.The number of people I see trudging in and out of the central Ipswich Library every day doing ‘job search’ shows no sign of decline. The number of people begging in the streets of Ipswich shows no sign of declining – but they are more careful of attracting police attention. The number of people severely […]
- Official: One in five benefit-related deaths involved sanctions.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- #FOI Watch: 243 pages of 11393 Jobbridge #workfare exploiters named and shamed in IrelandWhilst the UK’s DWP, has for years, refused to disclose the names of #workfare exploiters, 243 pages of 11393 workfare exploiters has just been published in Ireland. The #WorkMustPay Campaign is made up of a small network of young activists who … Continue reading →
- #FOI Watch: 243 pages of 11393 Jobbridge #workfare exploiters named and shamed in Ireland