“Research shows that up to 90% of CCTV installations fail to comply with the Information Commissioner’s UK CCTV Code of Practice and many installations are operated illegally. That has profound implications for the reputation of the CCTV and camera surveillance industry and all concerned with it. It‚s clear there is a need for an organisation dedicated to promoting the legal and effective use of CCTV. I’m not surprised there’s confusion. It’s a complex area not just covering appropriate siting and signage issues, but also various pieces of legislation. In particular, the Data Protection Act covers images of people and requires they are held securely if the data is to be used as legal and admissible evidence. Storing images of people is also impacted by the EU Human Rights Act. As things stand today, clever legal counsel could drive a horse and cart through most CCTV evidence and that is not in anybody’s best interests.”
- Sell, Sell, Sell! Maximus Share Prices Could Tumble After Welfare To Work Scandal Rocks Australia
- The Work Capability Assessment Is About To Get Worse, Less People To Be Placed In Support Group Say DWP
- The Homelessness Epidemic Gets Worse, Highest Number Of Rough Sleepers Since National Count Began
- How The DWP Bribed Employers To Break Age Discrimination Laws With A ‘Golden Ticket’ Worth £2,275
- 25 Feb Day of Action To Support Activist Arrested At Jobcentre
- Workfare Is A Betrayal Of Our Children And We Will All Pay The Price In Time
- Is Iain Duncan Smith Bullshitting About Universal Credit? Of Course He Fucking Is
- This Is Our City Not Theirs, It’s Time To Tell The Rich To Fuck Off
- A Truly Chilling Move: Now Maximus Are Trying To Buy Remploy
- Middle Class Solutions To Working Class Problems Is Why Charities Like MIND Keep Getting It So Wrong
- Rachel Reeves Is A Lying Bastard
- Evict The Bailiffs!
- Money For Old Rope … How The Work Programme Poverty Profiteers Are Fleecing The Tax Payer
- A Government That Permits The Psychological Torture Of Benefit Claimants Does Not Give A Fuck About Mental Health
- 14 Towns And Cities And Counting Lined Up To Take Action Against Maximus On March 2nd #ScrapWCA
- RT @AnitaBellows12: All-in-1 guide to Maximus UK Day of Action 2nd March #ScrapWCA #Maximarse shar.es/1W8Hnt via @Dis_PPL_Protest h… 1 hour ago
- Maximus Day Of Action 2nd March 2015 Tweetlist. dftr.org.uk/Songbird.php?T… via @dis_ppl_protest 1 hour ago
- @Hephaestus7 no, someone emailed it to me, happy to put a ht though 5 hours ago
- RT @newapproach_UK: .@johnnyvoid A great graphic from @Mylegalforum of #NewApproach showing why we need to abolish & replace the #WCA http:… 5 hours ago
- Sell, Sell, Sell! Maximus Share Prices Could Tumble After Welfare To Work Scandal Rocks Australia wp.me/p1Awq-2fr 6 hours ago
- Open Letter to Iain Duncan Smith – Maximus ContractIain Duncan Smith Secretary of State for Work and Pensions Dear Secretary of State, We are deeply concerned by your decision to award the Work Capability Assessment (WCA) contract to private contractor Maximus, rather than bring the work back … Continue reading →
- Open Letter to Iain Duncan Smith – Maximus Contract
- #GE2015 More workfare, less payThis week the Conservatives announced in their manifesto they would introduce a new ‘community’ workfare scheme, specifically targeted at young people. This is odd because chancellor George Osbourne had already launched just such a workfare scheme last year – and neither David Cameron, Osbourne, nor the media appear to remember it. What does this workfare re […]
- #GE2015 More workfare, less pay
- Parents fighting for their son’s freedom. Please read & share their letter #AnthonyKletzanderJoin the protest in Harrogate, Tuesday 3rd March at 6pm or Join in on Twitter, 6pm onwards Please read below, a letter from Anthony Kletzander’s Parents to Mark Lever of the National Autistic Society Dear Mr Lever, You were made aware of the abuse of our son Anthony in Nua Healthcare in July 2014. We… Continue Reading Parents fighting for their son’s freedom […]
- Parents fighting for their son’s freedom. Please read & share their letter #AnthonyKletzander
- TUC Welfare Conference: Action on Sanctions and Workfare!Photo: I’m a JSA claimant @imajsaclaimant TUC: Welfare Conference, called by the TUC Consultative Committee for Unemployed Workers’ Centres. Up to a hundred activists came to the Welfare Conference, held on Friday in Congress House. As the introductory speakers made plain the Liberal-Conservative Coalition, assisted by large sections of the media, have laun […]
- TUC Welfare Conference: Action on Sanctions and Workfare!
- Read our February newsletterToday, Netpol supporters received our February 2015 newsletter in their email in-boxes. It is now also available online here. If you would like to receive future email updates, sign up to Netpol’s ‘announcements’ list here.
- Read our February newsletter
- DWP Providers say: “Sign here or face Benefit Sanctions” True or False?Despite DWP providers, of mandatory Jobcentre schemes, often demanding participants sign documents like Action Plans, Consent and Personal Data sharing forms or face Benefit Sanctions, this is not likely to have any legal basis when a scheme participant is willing … Continue reading →
- DWP Providers say: “Sign here or face Benefit Sanctions” True or False?