“Research shows that up to 90% of CCTV installations fail to comply with the Information Commissioner’s UK CCTV Code of Practice and many installations are operated illegally. That has profound implications for the reputation of the CCTV and camera surveillance industry and all concerned with it. It‚s clear there is a need for an organisation dedicated to promoting the legal and effective use of CCTV. I’m not surprised there’s confusion. It’s a complex area not just covering appropriate siting and signage issues, but also various pieces of legislation. In particular, the Data Protection Act covers images of people and requires they are held securely if the data is to be used as legal and admissible evidence. Storing images of people is also impacted by the EU Human Rights Act. As things stand today, clever legal counsel could drive a horse and cart through most CCTV evidence and that is not in anybody’s best interests.”
- Current Benefit Sanctions Policy Is Bonkers Says Workfare Industry’s Top Spokesperson
- Government Statistics No Longer Reliable Say Charities As Homelessness Epidemic Gets Even Worse
- The Fight To Save Social Security Won’t Be Over Whoever Wins The Election, Come To The Welfare Action Gathering – 30th May
- They Are Coming For Our Pensions … And This Is How It Begins
- Inflation Flat, Rents Soaring And Letting Agents Are Still Whining
- Iain Duncan Smith’s Plan To Privatise … Everything?
- Behind The Benefit Bashing Headlines Lies A Nasty Ideology That Is Not Confined To The Daily Mail
- What A Fucking Shambles, Work Programme Still Worse Than Doing Nothing At All
- DWP Attempts To Increase Welfare-to-Work Companies’ Power To Snoop On Claimants
- Boycott Workfare Week of Action 25 April – 2 May: No workfare! No sanctions! Whoever wins we will resist!
- Michael Green Lives! Grant Shapps’ Former Website Still Registered To His Fake ID
- The London Metropolitan Police Are The Biggest Fucking Wankers Of All
- The Stench Of Racism That Has Always Haunted Iain Duncan Smith
- Council House Building At Record Low In Midst Of Housing Crisis
- Support The Sweets Way Occupation, Let’s Take Our Cities Back
- Current Benefit Sanctions Policy Is Bonkers Says Workfare Industry's Top Spokesperson wp.me/p1Awq-2gQ 13 hours ago
- Police Intimidation on the #CroydonSouth Election Campaign - #VoteBigger wp.me/p2KS8j-sR via @campaignbeard 1 day ago
- Government Statistics No Longer Reliable Say Charities As Homelessness Epidemic Gets Even Worse wp.me/p1Awq-2gN 1 day ago
- Fight To Save Social Security Won't Be Over Whoever Wins Election, Come To The Welfare Action Gathering: 30th May wp.me/p1Awq-2gJ 1 day ago
- RT @BobEllard1: @Dis_PPL_Protest @anitabellows12 @blacktriangle1 @JohnOCAP @johnnyvoid Please see and share youtube.com/watch?v=N8L1En… 3 days ago
- Victory for Black Triangle Campaign as Doctors’ union finally agrees to spread the word on ‘life-saving’ WCA rulesThe doctors’ union has finally agreed to tell every GP in the country about two regulations that campaigners believe could protect disabled people facing the controversial “fitness for work” test Continue reading →
- Victory for Black Triangle Campaign as Doctors’ union finally agrees to spread the word on ‘life-saving’ WCA rules
- Welfare Action Gathering – 30th MaySaturday 30th May, 10.30am-5.30pm, London Welsh Centre (10 minutes’ walk from King’s Cross station) Faced with policies that are pushing ever more people into precarity and poverty, thousands of us have been coming together to support each other. We are pushing back workfare, standing up to sanctions, challenging the work capability assessment and fighting i […]
- Welfare Action Gathering – 30th May
- Open Letter for Signature: Disabled people have had enough……Very sincere apologies, but due to the massive numbers of people who have attempted to sign the letter, our technology simply cannot cope with it. This demonstrates the strength of feeling that exists amongst our supporters, and we are looking into alternative methods of recording this massive support. We will be re-running this as soon… Continue Reading Ope […]
- Open Letter for Signature: Disabled people have had enough……
- Message to the Labour Party: We need to Get rid of the Benefits Sanctions Regime. Full Stop.Hat-tips: Another Fine Mess and Enigma. Labour Pledges on Benefits: A Labour government would tackle the root causes of the increase in the use of food banks across the UK, with the party to pledge that they “can never be allowed to become a permanent feature of British society”. Shadow ministers will promise to solve […]
- Message to the Labour Party: We need to Get rid of the Benefits Sanctions Regime. Full Stop.
- Read our March 2015 NewsletterToday, Netpol supporters received our March 2015 newsletter in their email in-boxes. It is now also available online here. If you would like to receive future email updates, sign up to Netpol’s ‘announcements’ list here.
- Read our March 2015 Newsletter
- Just to let all know @refuted will be moving on from August and refuted.org.uk will be converted into an archiveIt’s a farewell to alms http://refuted.org.uk/rights/farewell/ Filed under: Misc
- Just to let all know @refuted will be moving on from August and refuted.org.uk will be converted into an archive