- Simon Chapman, A Very Distinguished Fucking Anarchist
- They Are Coming For The Internet – New Porn and Copyright Laws Could Criminalise Millions
- Sanction Low Paid Worker’s Benefits To #solveukpoverty Say The Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Hunger, Homelessness and Despair, The Stark Reality of the Benefit Cap
- DPAC Week of Action – September 4th-10th. #RightsNotGames
- The Working Class Is Back In The Game, Let’s Make Sure We Fucking Stay There
- What A Shambles, Lord Fraud’s Budgeting Support Trials An Embarrassing, Expensive Flop
- Shocking Transphobia From Evangelical Group Linked To Stephen Crabb
- Stephen Crabb Sits On Council Of Gay Cure Church Front Group
- Shades Of The Workhouse, Lord Fraud Hints At Mandatory Jobs Training In Hostels And Women’s Refuges
- To The Streets! Support The Cleaners Striking Against Corporate Property Vultures @CBRE
- The Future Is There For The Taking, Now Is The Time To Wage Class War Against The Rich
- New Disability Tests Are Even Worse Than First Feared, Join The Fightback On July 13th
- How Eric Pickles Acted To Protect The Empty Penthouses Of The Global Super Rich
- Shocking New Figures Reveal The Collapse Of Social House-Building In London
- Somewhere in Hackney, rest easy Simon Chapman and know you were loved x https://t.co/pcP7dYCxV0 5 months ago
- RT @UVWunion: The LSE refused to act on homophobic hate crimes on campus. Hold them to account - protest 24 Feb, 12.30 pm https://t.co/qL1D… 6 months ago
- Simon Chapman, A Very Distinguished Fucking Anarchist johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/sim… https://t.co/UuHJzVbxW1 6 months ago
- @PostAntiquarian yeah, not fair is it 6 months ago
- @PostAntiquarian Not entirely sure, his heart I think. 6 months ago
- Minister told ‘alarm bells are ringing’ over disability hate crimeBy John Pring Disability News Service August 17th 2017 Disabled campaigners have written to a government minister to warn him that “alarm bells are ringing” over the “massive discrepancies and inconsistencies” in the way the criminal justice system deals … Continue reading →
- Minister told ‘alarm bells are ringing’ over disability hate crime
- The violence of workfare exposedA new book chapter using testimonies compiled by Boycott Workfare exposes the violent impact of forced labour. When we talk about what’s wrong with workfare, we often mention the horrifying material impact on people’s lives of the benefit sanctions that underwrite it. The political impact of unwaged work is also important – the way it […]
- The violence of workfare exposed
- Universal Credit-Waiting Days ExceptionsMany claimants will be aware that with Universal Credit there are 7 waiting days when claiming , well some good news is that there are some exceptions. While this is going to be quite daunting for many, there are small things which will help existing IR ESA ,JSA,IS claimants. Exceptions 5 A person… Continue Reading Universal Credit-Waiting Days Exception […]
- Universal Credit-Waiting Days Exceptions
- Food Banks Use Soars.It’s hard not to notice a flurry of stories about Food Banks in recent days. Appeal for baked beans as benefit changes sees demand for food banks soar. THE Government has been criticised after a Somerset food bank made an urgent appeal for baked beans. Ann Gibbs, coordinator of West Somerset Food Cupboard, says […]
- Food Banks Use Soars.
- Laughing at bigotry can be therapeutic!Benefit claimants face a lot of challenges based on bigotry, and so it can be highly therapeutic in terms of laughter, stress release output, when bigoted perceptions can be found to be misleading.Along these lines, I have just had a very refreshing outuburst of laughter in response to a Yahoo! News-promoted story.See what I was laughing at at https://uk.yah […]
- Laughing at bigotry can be therapeutic!
- Show solidarity in court with Lancashire anti-fracking defendantsOver the coming months, more and more Lancashire anti-fracking campaigners arrested at Preston New Road face trials at Magistrates Courts around the north west of England. Even for experienced activists, appearing in court is nerve-wracking and many defendants from Lancashire are facing a hearing for the first time. All would welcome as much solidarity as … […]
- Show solidarity in court with Lancashire anti-fracking defendants
- Under 25? You must spend 48 hours a week looking for work on Universal Credit?With regards the 48 hour Universal Credit (UC) Claimant Commitment (CC) weekly ‘expected hours’ to look and prepare for work for under 25 year olds, that someone mentioned* at the Manchester ‘Welfare Action Gathering’, this needs clarification. “A claimant’s ‘expected hours’ … Continue reading →
- Under 25? You must spend 48 hours a week looking for work on Universal Credit?
Monthly Archives: December 2006
We were unlucky enough to catch ‘David Icke – Was He Right?’ on Boxing Day, to which a the answer is clear … no he wasn’t.
Coming on like a slightly sleazy, overweight buffoon, poor old Icke failed to realise the joke was well and truly on him. He’s currently plugging the film desperately on his bonkers website and if you must you can watch it here. The fact he views the film as a success shows exactly the level of Icke’s grasp of ‘the truth’.
One truth that didn’t escape us here though was a shot towards the end of the documentary (sic). If we can ever be bothered we’ll grab a screen shot, but for now take our word for it that Icke was seen clearly drinking a can of Tenants super lager, the new meths, for all the world to see.
They ain’t lizards yer seeing David, it’s called delirium tremors and it’s a treatable condition … just lay off the sauce.
We tried to contact David for a comment but all he did was ask us for 50p and then try and sell us a used travelcard.
This post was sponsored by the Rothschild Global Banking Cabal
“Israeli activists have blocked central Tel Aviv with razor wire from the Apartheid Wall. The activists stretched the razor wire across Basel Street with a sign from the Wall that reads in Arabic, Hebrew and English: “Anyone who touches the fence endangers their life.” The twenty activists from Anarchists Against the Wall, who attend the weekly Friday demonstrations against the Apartheid Wall in Bil’in, set up the blockade at around 2pm and started handing out flyers to passers
by explaining the action.
The action was taken to protest the Apartheid Wall being built through the West Bank, as well as severe travel restrictions on Palestinians. The leaflets remind Israelis that they bear responsibility for the suffering of Palestinians as a result of their government’s apartheid policies.” more
we’re back .. almost.
happy new year an’ all.
The heavies at access all areas have requested that we give this event a bigger plug. Who says we don’t have leaders …
So here’s the flyer and the details in full (goes on a bit, blame A***)
“Free festival people here is the biggest baddest big sexy festy party you ever did cry out for so hold on tight for the super heavyweight blowout monster rave that’s going to make you dance yer big sexy Christmas present socks off right into the new year….
Big Sexy Festy Party – New Years Eve
ALL NIGHT MASSIVE FULL ON MEGA PARTY
Fund Raiser for next years Finsbury Park Free festival in association with CRISIS.
Room One: Big Sexy Festy Party – Excellence in solid party music on a 30 k rig
Quality Tom [Eco Arcadia/Big Chill Party Tent/Bestival]
Dj Progress [Big Sexy Festy Party]
Tattoo John [Alabama Three]
Zebedee [Restless Natives]
Chris Liberator [Stay Up Forever] Time Permitting!!!
and possibly going onto the Stay up Forever/Kinetic after party.
Watch this space.
Lights by Its All Done With Mirrors. [Glade Festival/Glastonbury/Eastern Haze]
Professional lighting production http://www.iadwm.com Best lightshow in the country!!!
Visuals by Is It TV? Multi Screen Projection [Glastonbury Festival/Glade Festival/BSFP].Six Massive screens VJ’d with the wickedest visuals archiving twenty years of festival culture and amazing effects.
Room Two: Speakeasy Sound System
CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL SOFA LOUNGE playing hip hop, soul, disco, swing and rock and roll.
DJs: Rach, Little Miki, Dno, Jim Bitch and friends
Room Three: Mashed Potato Sound System
With mental festival mixmaster selectors including
And Guests From Solution Roots Reggae Sound System……
Goldfinger And Friends.
Room Four: Eco Arcade Pinball and video game arcade with organic food cafe and all night barbeque
Five: Bonfire Yard with Stalls and eco info and environmental campaigns.
ALSO…….Live 25 strong SAMBA BAND to see in the New Year and a selection of small but excellent Fireshows throughout the party. Circus Performers from No Fit State Circus including mental costumed stiltwalkers and loads of other crazy stuff.
Good value non rip off bars all night. Please do not bring your own booze as you will be disappointed when you are asked not to bring it in….we have a festival to pay for here…..!!!!
Excellent central London location
10PM- 10AM AND POSSIBLY ONWARDS.
£10 ADMISSION £5 CONCESSION WITH PROOF
COURTEOUS SECURITY BY FIRM AND FAIR…YOU MAY BE BODY SEARCHED ON ENTRY
TO ENSURE COMPLETE SAFETY AT THIS EVENT.
PHONE AFTER 9 PM ON THE NIGHT ONLY
07852 841 456 or 07852 839 742
THIS IS A FREE FESTIVAL FUND RAISING BENEFIT PARTY
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO THE FREE FESTIVAL.
EVERYONE WILL BE EXPECTED TO ATTEND.
Timeout magazine described our free festival in Finsbury park as…
“THE EVENT OF THE YEAR.
FREE FESTIVAL .FREE PARTY. FREE PEOPLE.
KEEPING THE CULTURE ALIVE”
AND WE WILL BE PUTTING OUR AWESOME FESTIVAL BACK INTO ACTION AGAIN NEXT YEAR.
Last years festival raised £1960 in donations for CRISIS [fighting for
hope for homeless and vulnerable people]
So stay true to the underground and celebrate 10 years of free festivals in North London with the BSFP on NYE and get ready for a real ethically true monster free festival for Crisis next year.
This is a total bargain of a party at a tenner as we operate a community rate ethic which we feel helps us to rigidly adhere to the absolute core issue of the free festival which perhaps other festival groups have chosen to forget…….we have not forgotten the origin of this event or the root of the free festival. And we are clearly focussed on the future of the event….and anyway were all going to be skint after crimbo so a tenner is about right….or if yer really broke and bring PROOF of concession you can come for a fiver but the door staff are on it and the security take no messin…
KEEP IT BIG AND KEEP IT SEXY
SEE YOU ON NEW YEARS EVE AND LETS WARM UP FOR ANOTHER PRICELESS FREE FESTIVAL.
MANY THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT
THE BIG SEXY. “
Throughout the demonstration the protesters repeatedly counted to 50 to signify the number of NYPD bullets pumped into the car of unarmed 23-year-old African American Sean Bell on the day of his wedding. Trent Benefield and Joseph Guzman were also injured by the police violence.
Well, it took some time, but this morning, fresh from our source at Number 10 we received the transcript of Blair’s recent brush with the law. Here goes …
Unidentified Officer: The tapes running Sarg’, can’t believe I’m at number 10
Yates of the Yard: Well just let me do the talking that’s all, now quiet, I think he’s coming …
(sound of distant shouting)
male voice: LOOK, I am a fucking barrister as well you know!
female voice: My god, you’re just so fucking full of yourself aren’t you, and full of shit as ever
male voice: oh just fuck off woman, I’m more than capable of handling this
female voice: Fine, whatever you say, just don’t come fucking crying to me when you fuck it up like you always fucking do…
(sound of door opening and then slamming)
Blair’s voice, sounding irritated: Look, I’m very busy, can we wrap this up quickly, I didn’t do it you know
Yates of the Yard: Do what sir?
Blair: Well why the hell are you hear?
Yates: What didn’t you do sir?
Blair: For god’s sake man, I didn’t destroy the labour party, I didn’t sell out socialism, I never killed that bloody scientist and I don’t sell bloody peerages!
Yates: For instance sir …
Blair: You keep a bloody civil tongue in your head will you, remember who you’re speaking to for christ’s sake
Blair: Look I’m sorry ok, I’m under lots of pressure and I just, well I just don’t need this right now, but I’ve been terribly rude, can I get you two chaps a drink?
Yates: Not on duty sir
Blair: Oh come on chaps, we can be adults about this can’t we
Yates: It’s the rules sir
Blair: Rules, oh come on, who makes the rules, I make the bloody rules, now I insist
Yates: How would it look in court sir, me pissed at this interview
Blair: Absolutely splendid (shouts out) Gordon, bring three large whiskies, in fact bring the bottle
Now then chaps, how can I help you?
Yates: We are conducting enquiries into the improper use of the honours list sir
Blair: OK, now we’re talking, now listen, I’m a straight kinda guy, as you well know. I came into politics to reform the honours system, to make them more accountable, we created the people’s peerages you know
Yates: That you did sir
Blair: Oh enough of this sir business old chap, that’s exactly the sort of thing I’m trying to get rid of, just call me Tony and hey I’ll call you … Baron?
Yates: I hope you’re not suggesting …
Blair: Please, please, just my little joke, but you do understand what I mean, peerages should go to the real heros in our society, people like you
Yates: On a coppers salary sir?
Blair: You looking for promotion
Yates: Well, Iain Blair’s only got a lousy K
Blair: Well the sky’s the limit really, what we value though, what we value most, is loyalty to the crown
Yates: Us too sir, the Crown Prosecution Service
Blair: Now let’s not be anti-social
Yates: Just doing my job sir
Blair: Yes, well no-one likes it when people start getting too clever, things can happen you know, and not very nice things …
do you ever go walking in the woods?
Yates: No sir
Blair: hmm, well neither did David Kelly,
Yates: You threatening me sir?
Blair: Absolutely, now you’re getting it, my goodness this is going well
Yates: I understand sir
Blair: So that’s it, we’re all done then, oh and Yates, there’s a couple of positions at the Home Office you might want to think about, and keep an eye in your mail in the run up to the new year
Yates: I think we understand each other sir, textbook policing really
Blair: Very good, I knew you were a true professional, not many like you left you know
Yates: Thank you sir, I’ll be off then sir
Blair: One more thing Yates
Yates: Yes sir
Blair: The tape Yates, pass me the tape
Yates: Very good sir, I’ll be on my way, evenin’ all.