- Mass Workfare Begins Next Monday … Or Does It?
- What Labour Said Then, What Labour Say Now And Why They Can’t Be Trusted On The Work Capability Assessment
- Why Falling Unemployment Can Be Bad News For Everyone
- DWP Block Report To Cover Up Work Programme Shambles
- Virgin Give The Game Away: Unpaid Worker Schemes Bring Corporate And Commercial Opportunities
- Bin British Gas: Put Power in Public Hands! Take Action On May 12th
- Just For The Record, The WCA Is Not Being Scrapped, Yet
- Who The Fuck Does Esther McVey Think She Is?
- The Rich Will Destroy London Like They Destroy Everything Else
- Housing Crisis, What Housing Crisis? Says Homelessness Charity Boss Jeremy Swain
- Join the physical or online blockade of the Salvation Army!
- Meet The Green Workfare Charity Boss Who Also Runs A Biotech Firm And Builds On Greenbelt Land
- Take Action Against The Green Charities Profiteering From Workfare
- Trade Unions Unite For Militant And Sustained General Strike Len McClusky Announces
- There’s Still No Pay At The Y.M.C.A – Boycott Workfare Target Forced Labour Charity
- RT @boycottworkfare: CWP: Is it a secret? watchinga4e.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/cwp-is… 10 hours ago
- RT @DWPguvuk: Action Against Serco: Thursday 8th May London bit.ly/1l3QvuA < @Dis_PPL_Protest 10 hours ago
- RT @indyrikki: @johnnyvoid BP Vikings - Pillaging the Planet - please RT #BP #BritishMuseum #sponsorship #greenwash #VikingsLive http://t.c… 17 hours ago
- Hugh Muir's Diary: Another fine mess for the Universal Job-botch website? gu.com/p/3zjxb/tw via @guardian 1 day ago
- Mass Workfare Begins Next Monday … Or Does It? wp.me/p1Awq-235 1 day ago
- The leadership of the British Medical Association is ‘complicit in the suicides of Britain’s disabled people’For the BMA not to act 'is in our view to be complicit in the deaths of innocent people whose only crime is to have the misfortune to be sick and/or disabled' ~ Black Triangle Campaign "History will not hold them guiltless." Continue reading →
- The leadership of the British Medical Association is ‘complicit in the suicides of Britain’s disabled people’
- Fans’ success – Dulwich Hamlet Football Club end workfare!Pressure by Dulwich Hamlet football fans has resulted in the club pulling out of using workfare in its grounds. Boycott Workfare were contacted through a Name and Shame form by someone who was forced to work at DHFC as part of Mandatory Work Activity. They told us how they had received a 3 month sanction […]
- Fans’ success – Dulwich Hamlet Football Club end workfare!
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- HECKLERS OF THE WEEK…….’FUCK OFF BACK TO TOAD HALL…LALA LA LAhttp://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/24/ukip-nigel-farage-toad-hall_n_5205277.html?1398347347 Sean Mason would be very happy
- HECKLERS OF THE WEEK…….’FUCK OFF BACK TO TOAD HALL…LALA LA LA
- DWP’s Facebook Page: Top Tips !FACEBOOK PAGE. (No: This is Not Made Up). Department for Work and Pensions – DWP 6,795 likes · 426 talking about this Government Organisation. This is the official Facebook page for the DWP – giving news, updates and information. We’re unable to respond to individual benefit enquiries via Facebook. Need help improving your cv? Here’s […]
- DWP’s Facebook Page: Top Tips !
- CALL OUT – did you accept a caution at last year’s ‘Reclaim the Power’ protest?Were you arrested in Balcombe in Sussex during the “Reclaim the Power” Day of Action organised by No Dash for Gas on Monday 19 August 2013? Did you accept a police caution to secure your release? Cautions always remain on a person’s record unless there are exceptional circumstances why they should be removed. Examples include […]
- CALL OUT – did you accept a caution at last year’s ‘Reclaim the Power’ protest?
- DWP signing-on trials: Online, Clerical drop and goFortnightly Jobsearch Reviews, (FJR) using digital channels https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/fortnightly_jobsearch_reviews_fj#incoming-507720Filed under: Signing on
- DWP signing-on trials: Online, Clerical drop and go
Monthly Archives: July 2011
It’s open season on the News of the World and that, by any sane indicator, is probably a good thing. Let’s hope they get some real justice delivered to their doorstep at tomorrow’s protest outside their offices.
The real story is that the police sat on this information for so long and Cameron’s cosy relationship with all things Murdoch. This is already disappearing under the reams of self-satisfied liberal tweeters and guardianistas announcing the latest multi-national blood sucker to pick up a bit of free PR by pulling an ad from this weekend’s newspaper.
It already looks like Cameron and no doubt Murdoch will walk away unscathed. They’ve had a long time to prepare for this, thanks to the inaction of the filth. The NOTW will either cling on or merge with the Sun and normal service will be resumed after this break from their sponsors.
Of course hacking a missing teenager’s phone is fucking out of order, particularly as it led to false hope for her parents. The same applies to 7/7 victims and dead soldiers families, although possibly not to celebrities and MPs. No-one really gave a shit about that. At the very least what we’re seeing is some boundaries set as to who the public consider fair game.
It may surprise some people but most NOTW readers aren’t stupid. They know, probably more so than holier than thou Guardian readers, that the press are a bunch of hypocritical lying wankers. They read it for the footie, the telly, the horoscopes or because they want to know who Ryan Giggs is shagging this week. It’s entertainment with a bit of news on top. And it fits in your back pocket.
It may be that the News of the World has crossed a line with it’s readers, just as the Sun did in Liverpool over the Hillsborough tragedy. A mass boycott this Sunday is possible and would be genuinely fucking funny. Pleading with other capitalists to sort it all out for us and make that nasty Mr Murdoch go away is just silly.
Whether a mass boycott does happen remains to be seen. If it does it will have little to do with anything some liberal said on twitter. For now people still appear to be buying the Sun. Compared to actively working to destroy working class communities, engineering hate campaigns against the sick, disabled and unemployed, or ruthlessly slandering a city in mourning, this all seems just a bit, well, under-whelming. People have got bigger shit to worry about at the moment. This was grubby hacks doing grubby hack shit. No-one died as a result of their actions.
The likes of Ford and NPower currently enjoying the
free corporate PR moral high ground by pulling ads do worse shit than this every fucking day. And meanwhile the rest of the corporate press, who are equally up to their necks in it, will enjoy the boost in ad revenue the current campaign is gifting them.
This hasn’t stopped the liberal twitterati jumping up and down with glee every time some corporate parasite grabs a bit of free air time by withdrawing an ad from the NOTW. Vote now says Sunny Hundal (ever the opportunist), email them, tweet, jump up and down in outrage, let’s see who we can boot out of the Newscorp house this week.
It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloids to become ever more intrusive and drag every last drop of sensational copy from every tragedy. It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloid witch hunts, the hate campaigns and the alienation which means some people know more about what Chezza’s up to than their neighbours. And it’s capitalism that has forced all of the corporate press, along with politicians, so far to the right of the political spectrum that it’s become the default setting even in the Guardian and the Mirror. It’s all about the money.
Appealing to other capitalists to change things is worse than futile. They will point to the inbuilt morality of the market whilst milking the situation for every last penny they can get. Perhaps NOTW will go down, perhaps not. Either way the market will be shown to have triumphed. Enjoy the spectacle folks. I’d rather watch X Factor.