- Jobcentre Busy-Bodies To Outrank Healthcare Professionals In Treatment For Addictions
- Whilst The Rich Get Richer The Poor Freeze: No More Deaths From Fuel Poverty
- Student Movement Sparks Back To Life In Fight For #FreeEducation
- The Bastards Want Our Homes: Join The New Era Estate Tenants And Let’s Show Them We Intend To Fight
- Court Cases, Chaos and Soaring Debt As Council Tax Reform Unravels
- Here We Fucking Go! A String Of Victories Shows That When We Fight Back We Can Win
- Workfare Is Replacing Paid Jobs And The Tax Payer Is Funding It: Just Ask @BulkyBobsLtd
- Millionaires Threaten Protest March If They Have To Pay A Little Bit Of Tax
- Take The Class War To Iain Duncan Smith’s Front Door … It’s Time For The Reckoning
- Burning Boris Sparks Arrests At Poor Doors Demo
- Griff Rhys Jones Is A Joke That’s Not Funny, Let’s Make Sure He Fucking Knows It
- On 30 Grand A Year With A Couple Of Kids? Then You Aren’t Paying A Penny Towards The Social Security Bill
- Meet Richard A. Montoni – The Five Million Dollar Maximus Boss Here To Fleece The UK’s Benefits System
- Maximus Are The New Atos: Destroy Maximus
- Don’t Believe The Hype: Universal Credit Is No Closer To Being Workable Than It Was In 2010
- RT @FuelPovAction: @johnnyvoid Join us TOMORROW to take action and demand 'No More Deaths from Fuel Poverty: Energy Rights Now' https://t.c… 9 hours ago
- RT @boycottworkfare: Its been another very bad month for #workfare - but a good month for all those opposed to it: boycottworkfare.org/?p=3924 1 day ago
- RT @MarinaPepper: @Classwar2015 @suzanne_moore @Puffles2010 @johnnyvoid @chunkymark @zoesqwilliams New Era demo plug pls https://t.co/rJCl… 1 day ago
- The Big Advice Survey How it works wp.me/P5fMDd-y via @BigAdviceSurvey 1 day ago
- Jobcentre Busy-Bodies To Outrank Healthcare Professionals In Treatment For Addictions wp.me/p1Awq-2aW 2 days ago
- Open Letter to Iain Duncan Smith – Maximus ContractIain Duncan Smith Secretary of State for Work and Pensions Dear Secretary of State, We are deeply concerned by your decision to award the Work Capability Assessment (WCA) contract to private contractor Maximus, rather than bring the work back … Continue reading →
- Open Letter to Iain Duncan Smith – Maximus Contract
- It’s working against workfare: Bulky Bob’s and LAMH pull out of Community Work Placements schemeIt’s been a bad month for workfare: anti-workfare protests and campaigns in various parts of the country have been gaining ground at the expense of the DWP’s schemes. Campaigners are causing myriad problems for the Department for Work and Pensions: it is increasingly difficult for them find and keep placement providers for their Community Work […]
- It’s working against workfare: Bulky Bob’s and LAMH pull out of Community Work Placements scheme
- Hashtag Hijack to Save the ILF #SaveILFAs almost 20 000 disabled people across the UK wait to hear the decision in the latest round of High Court battles(1) over the Governments callous decision to close the Independent Living Fund (ILF), the #SaveILF Campaign is going on a tour of the most popular hash-tags in the UK over the next few weeks to highlight this callous attack… Continue Reading […]
- Hashtag Hijack to Save the ILF #SaveILF
- Claimant Commitment and ‘Work Coaches’.New Work Coach (1) When someone makes a new claim for JSA or returns to JSA from the Work Programme they will attend an interview with a work coach. At the interview they will agree a personal plan outlining what the claimant will do as part of their Claimant Commitment to give themselves the best […]
- Claimant Commitment and ‘Work Coaches’.
- Netpol to train Community Monitors in ManchesterThis weekend our third pilot project trains a new team of independent ‘Community Monitors’ to observe and record the actions of police officers, this time in Greater Manchester. After successfully setting up Community Monitor pilot projects in Birmingham and west London, Netpol is now working in partnership with Northern Police Monitoring Project to set up a […]
- Netpol to train Community Monitors in Manchester
- New regulations for mandatory JSA youth (18-21) #workfare, training, maths and English skillsThe three R's: English, maths & #workfare http://t.co/ndj4xaBxta — refuted (@refuted) November 26, 2014 The Jobseeker’s Allowance (18-21 Work Skills Pilot Scheme) Regulations 2014 “The 18-21 Work Skills Pilot Scheme 3. —(1) The 18-21 Work Skills Pilot Scheme is prescribed … Continue reading →
- New regulations for mandatory JSA youth (18-21) #workfare, training, maths and English skills
Monthly Archives: July 2011
It’s open season on the News of the World and that, by any sane indicator, is probably a good thing. Let’s hope they get some real justice delivered to their doorstep at tomorrow’s protest outside their offices.
The real story is that the police sat on this information for so long and Cameron’s cosy relationship with all things Murdoch. This is already disappearing under the reams of self-satisfied liberal tweeters and guardianistas announcing the latest multi-national blood sucker to pick up a bit of free PR by pulling an ad from this weekend’s newspaper.
It already looks like Cameron and no doubt Murdoch will walk away unscathed. They’ve had a long time to prepare for this, thanks to the inaction of the filth. The NOTW will either cling on or merge with the Sun and normal service will be resumed after this break from their sponsors.
Of course hacking a missing teenager’s phone is fucking out of order, particularly as it led to false hope for her parents. The same applies to 7/7 victims and dead soldiers families, although possibly not to celebrities and MPs. No-one really gave a shit about that. At the very least what we’re seeing is some boundaries set as to who the public consider fair game.
It may surprise some people but most NOTW readers aren’t stupid. They know, probably more so than holier than thou Guardian readers, that the press are a bunch of hypocritical lying wankers. They read it for the footie, the telly, the horoscopes or because they want to know who Ryan Giggs is shagging this week. It’s entertainment with a bit of news on top. And it fits in your back pocket.
It may be that the News of the World has crossed a line with it’s readers, just as the Sun did in Liverpool over the Hillsborough tragedy. A mass boycott this Sunday is possible and would be genuinely fucking funny. Pleading with other capitalists to sort it all out for us and make that nasty Mr Murdoch go away is just silly.
Whether a mass boycott does happen remains to be seen. If it does it will have little to do with anything some liberal said on twitter. For now people still appear to be buying the Sun. Compared to actively working to destroy working class communities, engineering hate campaigns against the sick, disabled and unemployed, or ruthlessly slandering a city in mourning, this all seems just a bit, well, under-whelming. People have got bigger shit to worry about at the moment. This was grubby hacks doing grubby hack shit. No-one died as a result of their actions.
The likes of Ford and NPower currently enjoying the
free corporate PR moral high ground by pulling ads do worse shit than this every fucking day. And meanwhile the rest of the corporate press, who are equally up to their necks in it, will enjoy the boost in ad revenue the current campaign is gifting them.
This hasn’t stopped the liberal twitterati jumping up and down with glee every time some corporate parasite grabs a bit of free air time by withdrawing an ad from the NOTW. Vote now says Sunny Hundal (ever the opportunist), email them, tweet, jump up and down in outrage, let’s see who we can boot out of the Newscorp house this week.
It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloids to become ever more intrusive and drag every last drop of sensational copy from every tragedy. It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloid witch hunts, the hate campaigns and the alienation which means some people know more about what Chezza’s up to than their neighbours. And it’s capitalism that has forced all of the corporate press, along with politicians, so far to the right of the political spectrum that it’s become the default setting even in the Guardian and the Mirror. It’s all about the money.
Appealing to other capitalists to change things is worse than futile. They will point to the inbuilt morality of the market whilst milking the situation for every last penny they can get. Perhaps NOTW will go down, perhaps not. Either way the market will be shown to have triumphed. Enjoy the spectacle folks. I’d rather watch X Factor.