- Sandra Gives The Game Away: Jobcentres Given Sheriff’s Stars For Hitting Benefit Sanction Targets
- Problems At Work? Contact A Real Fighting Union And Stuff Your Boss!
- Pauline Got Promoted! DWP Management Psychobabble Is Turning Jobcentres Into Cults
- Benefit Delays Set To Soar As Waiting Period Increases To Pay For Workfare
- As Hunger Soars Iain Duncan Smith Is Still Hiding The Existence Of Emergency Benefit Delay Loans
- Custard Creams Are Cheaper Than Cous Cous, But You Can’t Expect A Fucking Baroness To Know That
- Come And Clean Our Mansion For No Pay … Just One Of Many Exciting Opportunities On Government Job Seeking Website
- Shock New Figures: UK Spends Less On Healthcare, Benefits and Pensions Per Head Than Any Other Northern European Country
- Savage Cuts To Benefits Go Ignored In Flagship Foodbanks Report – They Really Think We Are Fucking Idiots
- What Lies Behind The Archbishop’s Demand For State Run Foodbanks Is Every Bit As Nasty As Iain Duncan Smith
- Is Boris Johnson’s Workfare Scheme The Biggest Benefit Shambles So Far?
- Don’t Give Money To Beggars At Christmas Say Bastards Who Run Homelessness Charities
- Snouts In The Trough: Tell The Vile Welfare-To-Work Sector What You Think At #ERSA14
- It’s Time To Take Our Cities Back From Property Developing Parasites Like Westbrook’s Mark Donnor
- Jobcentre Busy-Bodies To Outrank Healthcare Professionals In Treatment For Addictions
- Strange tale of two estates: New Era bought by Dolphin Square rabble.org.uk/strange-tale-o… 2 hours ago
- RT @Yah_Reed: @dembones3 @johnnyvoid Wouldn't it be great if all job centre staff refused to issue sanctions. Can't sack them all 10 hours ago
- RT @StephenBevan: Astounded that my article on good work and mental health in @ConversationUK has had almost 40k readers in 4 days https://… 1 day ago
- RT @__HSG__: thank you @mariecurieuk Highbury who just ended 2 #workfare placements on discovering they weren't voluntary. lied to by @urba… 1 day ago
- Sandra Gives The Game Away: Jobcentres Given Sheriff's Stars For Hitting Benefit Sanction Targets wp.me/p1Awq-2cd 1 day ago
- Open Letter to Iain Duncan Smith – Maximus ContractIain Duncan Smith Secretary of State for Work and Pensions Dear Secretary of State, We are deeply concerned by your decision to award the Work Capability Assessment (WCA) contract to private contractor Maximus, rather than bring the work back … Continue reading →
- Open Letter to Iain Duncan Smith – Maximus Contract
- Take part in the Manchester Boycott Workfare Action Against Mustard TreeWorkfare is forcing people to work for free using the threat of sanctions (removal of welfare benefits). DWP Workfare schemes have already led to thousands relying on food handouts, caused or aggravated mental health issues, suicides and homelessness. Yet unbelievably, despite this being well documented and researched, a charity who work with homeless peopl […]
- Take part in the Manchester Boycott Workfare Action Against Mustard Tree
- Newham Council: Halt the eviction of the Clarke FamilyPlease sign and share this petition (text of the petition is copied below): https://www.change.org/p/newham-council-halt-the-eviction-of-the-clarke-family We call on Newham Council to halt the eviction of the Clarke family with immediate effect. Claudine, a single mum, cares for her 3 children: Deno, aged 18; Shanice, aged 16, and Malachi, aged 5. The family […]
- Newham Council: Halt the eviction of the Clarke Family
- BLOG BREAKTHE BONE BLOG WILL RETURN IN JANUARY 2015
- BLOG BREAK
- Sheriff style badges for Jobcentres meeting benefit sanction targetsThe great Johnnyvoid blog has reported on Jobcentre Plus regional manager Sandra Lambert (who talks a lot of shit) responsible for posting a photo of a “DMA UPHELD” sheriff badge on her twitter. DWP has always denied there is targets for benefit sanction referrals despite cases of benefit sanction league tables up on walls, congratulatory […]
- Sheriff style badges for Jobcentres meeting benefit sanction targets
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- DWP loses another 3 FOI tribunal hearings, must release names of workfare exploiters@boycottworkfare Crucially the #FOI info disclose exemption 'The Economy' vanquished, as this not used in DWP-v-Zola http://t.co/o9uq3WyTr6 — refuted (@refuted) December 22, 2014 The DWP has lost 3* first tier FOI tribunal appeal hearings on disclosure of the names of … Continue reading →
- DWP loses another 3 FOI tribunal hearings, must release names of workfare exploiters
Monthly Archives: July 2011
It’s open season on the News of the World and that, by any sane indicator, is probably a good thing. Let’s hope they get some real justice delivered to their doorstep at tomorrow’s protest outside their offices.
The real story is that the police sat on this information for so long and Cameron’s cosy relationship with all things Murdoch. This is already disappearing under the reams of self-satisfied liberal tweeters and guardianistas announcing the latest multi-national blood sucker to pick up a bit of free PR by pulling an ad from this weekend’s newspaper.
It already looks like Cameron and no doubt Murdoch will walk away unscathed. They’ve had a long time to prepare for this, thanks to the inaction of the filth. The NOTW will either cling on or merge with the Sun and normal service will be resumed after this break from their sponsors.
Of course hacking a missing teenager’s phone is fucking out of order, particularly as it led to false hope for her parents. The same applies to 7/7 victims and dead soldiers families, although possibly not to celebrities and MPs. No-one really gave a shit about that. At the very least what we’re seeing is some boundaries set as to who the public consider fair game.
It may surprise some people but most NOTW readers aren’t stupid. They know, probably more so than holier than thou Guardian readers, that the press are a bunch of hypocritical lying wankers. They read it for the footie, the telly, the horoscopes or because they want to know who Ryan Giggs is shagging this week. It’s entertainment with a bit of news on top. And it fits in your back pocket.
It may be that the News of the World has crossed a line with it’s readers, just as the Sun did in Liverpool over the Hillsborough tragedy. A mass boycott this Sunday is possible and would be genuinely fucking funny. Pleading with other capitalists to sort it all out for us and make that nasty Mr Murdoch go away is just silly.
Whether a mass boycott does happen remains to be seen. If it does it will have little to do with anything some liberal said on twitter. For now people still appear to be buying the Sun. Compared to actively working to destroy working class communities, engineering hate campaigns against the sick, disabled and unemployed, or ruthlessly slandering a city in mourning, this all seems just a bit, well, under-whelming. People have got bigger shit to worry about at the moment. This was grubby hacks doing grubby hack shit. No-one died as a result of their actions.
The likes of Ford and NPower currently enjoying the
free corporate PR moral high ground by pulling ads do worse shit than this every fucking day. And meanwhile the rest of the corporate press, who are equally up to their necks in it, will enjoy the boost in ad revenue the current campaign is gifting them.
This hasn’t stopped the liberal twitterati jumping up and down with glee every time some corporate parasite grabs a bit of free air time by withdrawing an ad from the NOTW. Vote now says Sunny Hundal (ever the opportunist), email them, tweet, jump up and down in outrage, let’s see who we can boot out of the Newscorp house this week.
It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloids to become ever more intrusive and drag every last drop of sensational copy from every tragedy. It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloid witch hunts, the hate campaigns and the alienation which means some people know more about what Chezza’s up to than their neighbours. And it’s capitalism that has forced all of the corporate press, along with politicians, so far to the right of the political spectrum that it’s become the default setting even in the Guardian and the Mirror. It’s all about the money.
Appealing to other capitalists to change things is worse than futile. They will point to the inbuilt morality of the market whilst milking the situation for every last penny they can get. Perhaps NOTW will go down, perhaps not. Either way the market will be shown to have triumphed. Enjoy the spectacle folks. I’d rather watch X Factor.