- Luxury Hotel Booked For Annual One Day Workfare Conference, Tickets Just £450!
- Grass Up Your Neighbours Say The DWP With Another Boring Benefit Fraud Campaign
- Freud Must Go! Urgent Call Out, Monday Oct 20th Caxton House 12.30pm Or On Twitter #FreudMustGo
- Don’t Be Bored By The TUC, There’s More Than Just A March Happening In London Tomorrow
- Disabled People Not Worth Minimum Wage Says Lord Fraud, Time For This Nasty Fucking Clown To Go
- Snouts In The Trough: Legal Loan Shark Firm Cosies Up To Iain Duncan Smith At Tory Dinner
- A Visit To Urban Futures Shows The Nasty Side Of Charity Workfare
- Take Action: Bring Down @GroundworkUK’s Community Work Placements in the North East
- Hundreds of Illegal Sexist Job Advertisements On Government Job Seeking Website
- Here Comes Pauline … Supervised Jobsearch Revives The Worst Of The Past
- Take Action Against @GroundworkUK: No Grounds For Greenwashing Workfare
- Take Action! Challenge The TUC’s Support For Workfare: @PayRise4Britain Must Mean Wages For Everyone
- 2000 Workfare Staff Planned For Tax Office Next Year, And The PCS Union Is Doing … Nothing At All
- Why The Tories Want To Ban Zero Hour Contracts … And It’s Got Nothing To Do With Workplace Rights
- Edinburgh, London, Brighton, Bristol, Amsterdam! Join The Week Of Action Against Workfare
- Benefit sanctions and absurdity: will public attitudes change? gu.com/p/42mm4/tw via @guardian 5 hours ago
- RT @Dis_PPL_Protest: http://t.co/PdUo6K87tc 2 days ago
- RT @AnnMcGauran: @johnnyvoid Lord Freud, Theresa and the evil of workfare wp.me/p3VKa2-qf #UKpoverty #ukpolitics 2 days ago
- Luxury Hotel Booked For Annual One Day Workfare Conference, Tickets Just £450! @RadissonBlu wp.me/p1Awq-29P 3 days ago
- RT @owebb: West Hendon resident has locked herself to the gate of the Barratt construction site, stopping lorries getting in http://t.co/k3… 3 days ago
- UK Welfare Reform Deaths ~ Updated List ~ October 21st 2014Updated tragic list of welfare-related deaths of UK’s sick and/or disabled people. This is the tip on the iceberg: They shall be remembered forevermore. Avenge the dead. Resuscitate the living. We must fight on for freedom from Westminster’s murderous … Continue reading →
- UK Welfare Reform Deaths ~ Updated List ~ October 21st 2014
- Big thanks to all who took part: Week of action gets results!So, what did last week show us? When you take action, you get results. Scope, Barnardos and British Heart Foundation have cancelled their involvement with CWP 6-month workfare. Traid pulled out too when an action was called outside its store in Wood Green. That’s four national charities who were forced to respond following pressure from […]
- Big thanks to all who took part: Week of action gets results!
- UK Disability History Month 2014 – LaunchWar and Impairment: The Social Consequences of Disablement Launch: Tuesday 18 November, UNITE HQ, 128 Theobalds road, London, WC1X 8TN Blue badge parking in side streets – Boswell Street and Old Gloucester Street Sign interpreted event. 6–8pm. Must RSVP: email@example.com 07715420727 For more info see; http://ukdhm.org/
- UK Disability History Month 2014 – Launch
- DAVE WISE TELLS IT LIKE IT WAS ABOUT KING MOB‘King Mob: A critical hidden history’ by David Wise Picked this up in Housmans yesterday and a very entertaining read it is. Dave Wise has a lot to get off his chest about the appropriators and recuperators of King Mob … Continue reading →
- DAVE WISE TELLS IT LIKE IT WAS ABOUT KING MOB
- Young Unemployed Should Pick up Ragwort, Says Tebbit.With Suffolk County MyGo being set up in Ipswich, the Conservative linked Charity has received a suggestion from prominent local (Bury St Edmunds) Tory, Lord Tebbit. The former Conservative cabinet minister Lord Tebbit has said young unemployed people should be made to pull up ragwort from roadside verges in return for benefits. The 83-year-old Tory […]
- Young Unemployed Should Pick up Ragwort, Says Tebbit.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- David Clapson: MPs to launch benefit sanctions inquiry, after 211,000 sign sister’s petition"We did it – MPs will hold an independent inquiry into the benefit sanctions that killed my brother David" https://t.co/7vg2ZRCYpK — refuted (@refuted) October 24, 2014 Department for Work and Pensions select committee inquiry follows death of ex-soldier after jobseeker’s … Continue reading →
- David Clapson: MPs to launch benefit sanctions inquiry, after 211,000 sign sister’s petition
Monthly Archives: July 2011
It’s open season on the News of the World and that, by any sane indicator, is probably a good thing. Let’s hope they get some real justice delivered to their doorstep at tomorrow’s protest outside their offices.
The real story is that the police sat on this information for so long and Cameron’s cosy relationship with all things Murdoch. This is already disappearing under the reams of self-satisfied liberal tweeters and guardianistas announcing the latest multi-national blood sucker to pick up a bit of free PR by pulling an ad from this weekend’s newspaper.
It already looks like Cameron and no doubt Murdoch will walk away unscathed. They’ve had a long time to prepare for this, thanks to the inaction of the filth. The NOTW will either cling on or merge with the Sun and normal service will be resumed after this break from their sponsors.
Of course hacking a missing teenager’s phone is fucking out of order, particularly as it led to false hope for her parents. The same applies to 7/7 victims and dead soldiers families, although possibly not to celebrities and MPs. No-one really gave a shit about that. At the very least what we’re seeing is some boundaries set as to who the public consider fair game.
It may surprise some people but most NOTW readers aren’t stupid. They know, probably more so than holier than thou Guardian readers, that the press are a bunch of hypocritical lying wankers. They read it for the footie, the telly, the horoscopes or because they want to know who Ryan Giggs is shagging this week. It’s entertainment with a bit of news on top. And it fits in your back pocket.
It may be that the News of the World has crossed a line with it’s readers, just as the Sun did in Liverpool over the Hillsborough tragedy. A mass boycott this Sunday is possible and would be genuinely fucking funny. Pleading with other capitalists to sort it all out for us and make that nasty Mr Murdoch go away is just silly.
Whether a mass boycott does happen remains to be seen. If it does it will have little to do with anything some liberal said on twitter. For now people still appear to be buying the Sun. Compared to actively working to destroy working class communities, engineering hate campaigns against the sick, disabled and unemployed, or ruthlessly slandering a city in mourning, this all seems just a bit, well, under-whelming. People have got bigger shit to worry about at the moment. This was grubby hacks doing grubby hack shit. No-one died as a result of their actions.
The likes of Ford and NPower currently enjoying the
free corporate PR moral high ground by pulling ads do worse shit than this every fucking day. And meanwhile the rest of the corporate press, who are equally up to their necks in it, will enjoy the boost in ad revenue the current campaign is gifting them.
This hasn’t stopped the liberal twitterati jumping up and down with glee every time some corporate parasite grabs a bit of free air time by withdrawing an ad from the NOTW. Vote now says Sunny Hundal (ever the opportunist), email them, tweet, jump up and down in outrage, let’s see who we can boot out of the Newscorp house this week.
It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloids to become ever more intrusive and drag every last drop of sensational copy from every tragedy. It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloid witch hunts, the hate campaigns and the alienation which means some people know more about what Chezza’s up to than their neighbours. And it’s capitalism that has forced all of the corporate press, along with politicians, so far to the right of the political spectrum that it’s become the default setting even in the Guardian and the Mirror. It’s all about the money.
Appealing to other capitalists to change things is worse than futile. They will point to the inbuilt morality of the market whilst milking the situation for every last penny they can get. Perhaps NOTW will go down, perhaps not. Either way the market will be shown to have triumphed. Enjoy the spectacle folks. I’d rather watch X Factor.