- Be Brave Scotland! A Vote For No Just Means More Of The Same Shit. Forever.
- Don’t Stop The Free Workers Plead The Workfare Exploiters
- Take part in the Boycott Workfare week of action! 4-12 October 2014
- Scandal! Are These DWP Fat Cats The UK’s Biggest Benefit Scroungers?
- #proudtowork – Yet Another Money Grabbing Scam From The Welfare-To-Work Parasites
- How The TUC Always Planned To Abandon Out of Work Benefit Claimants
- Never Forget, It Is David Cameron Who Is Ultimately To Blame For Welfare Reform Deaths
- Number of Sick And Disabled Claimants Facing Sanctions Triples In Just Six Months
- One Last Push! Sign and Share The Petition Calling For An Inquiry Into The Sanctions That Killed David Clapson
- The TUC And Workfare: Sadly It’s Worse Than You Think
- TUC Side With Bosses To Back Tory Workfare Scheme
- Is This What They Mean By #disabilityconfident? Disabled Staff Twice As Likely To Get Sacked From The DWP
- Sign The Petition For An Inquiry Into The Benefit Sanctions That Killed David Clapson
- RIP David Clapson, Another Man ‘Helped’ To Death By Iain Duncan Smith
- Criticising Government Policy Online Is “Unacceptable Intimidation” According To Treasury
- RT @CarerWatch: #Carers and General Election 2015 wp.me/pHmFD-15J pls RT @johnnyvoid @John_Gillibrand @JohnUK89 6 hours ago
- RT @Liverpool_IWW: Liverpool IWW holding a 'Workfare Walk of Shame' on Sat 27th Sep: ow.ly/BvlcZ @johnnyvoid @boycottworkfare 17 hours ago
- @maddoggiejo @newapproach_UK @AnitaBellows12 blushes 1 day ago
- RT @FocusE15: Fun day party and 'secret' action on Sat 21st Sept Wilmer Lea Close, Carpenters Estate, London E15 2HR Housing effects us all… 1 day ago
- Be Brave Scotland! A Vote For No Just Means More Of The Same Shit. Forever. #VoteYes wp.me/p1Awq-282 1 day ago
- STATUS UPDATE RE: Black Triangle Campaign Website Suspended After Legal ThreatsOUR website service has now been restored after a week as we have agreed to remove the so-called “offending” article pending consultation with our lawyers and our final period of campaigning for a #YES vote in the Scottish referendum. This matter … Continue reading →
- STATUS UPDATE RE: Black Triangle Campaign Website Suspended After Legal Threats
- Take part in the Boycott Workfare week of action! 4-12 October 2014Forcing people to work for free through the threat of removing people’s benefits (sanctions) is unfair, unjust and wrong. In the week of action, tell the companies and charities who are profiting from this exploitative regime what you think of their involvement! Email, Tweet, use Facebook, phone them, protest, organise a flashmob: for a week of piling the pr […]
- Take part in the Boycott Workfare week of action! 4-12 October 2014
- Tory Party Conference: Protest and FestivalWelcome the Tory Party Conference to Birmingham! On the day that the Tory Conference opens in Birmingham the Midlands TUC has called a protest and festival. Sunday 28th September 11am – 4pm Victoria Square, Birmingham Speakers at the demonstration include: Owen Jones Dave Prentis, UNISON general secretary Mark Serwotka, PCS general secretary Matt Wrack, FBU… […]
- Tory Party Conference: Protest and Festival
- EVERY SPEAKER AT LONDON NO RALLY TONIGHT W ENT T O PUBLIC SCHOOL O R OXBRIDGEIZZARD SNOW AL MURRAY GELDOF GOVE CLEGG………ALL PALS TOGETHER…..
- EVERY SPEAKER AT LONDON NO RALLY TONIGHT W ENT T O PUBLIC SCHOOL O R OXBRIDGE
- Tests for Jobseekers Must be Ethical – let’s Ditch them Entirely!We are all ‘umble, very ‘umble indeed. The British Psychological society has stated, 12/09/2014 Hat-Tip: Obi Wan Kenobi. If psychological tests are to be used to judge whether jobseekers have a psychological resistance to work, they must be administered by experienced users of psychometrics and proper feedback must be provided. That was the reaction of […] […]
- Tests for Jobseekers Must be Ethical – let’s Ditch them Entirely!
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- After @MJ_Oakley: Next steps in dealing with the benefit sanctions regimePresentation slides given at NAWRA by Dr David Webster. View online – Download original (.ppt)Filed under: Sanctions
- After @MJ_Oakley: Next steps in dealing with the benefit sanctions regime
Monthly Archives: July 2011
It’s open season on the News of the World and that, by any sane indicator, is probably a good thing. Let’s hope they get some real justice delivered to their doorstep at tomorrow’s protest outside their offices.
The real story is that the police sat on this information for so long and Cameron’s cosy relationship with all things Murdoch. This is already disappearing under the reams of self-satisfied liberal tweeters and guardianistas announcing the latest multi-national blood sucker to pick up a bit of free PR by pulling an ad from this weekend’s newspaper.
It already looks like Cameron and no doubt Murdoch will walk away unscathed. They’ve had a long time to prepare for this, thanks to the inaction of the filth. The NOTW will either cling on or merge with the Sun and normal service will be resumed after this break from their sponsors.
Of course hacking a missing teenager’s phone is fucking out of order, particularly as it led to false hope for her parents. The same applies to 7/7 victims and dead soldiers families, although possibly not to celebrities and MPs. No-one really gave a shit about that. At the very least what we’re seeing is some boundaries set as to who the public consider fair game.
It may surprise some people but most NOTW readers aren’t stupid. They know, probably more so than holier than thou Guardian readers, that the press are a bunch of hypocritical lying wankers. They read it for the footie, the telly, the horoscopes or because they want to know who Ryan Giggs is shagging this week. It’s entertainment with a bit of news on top. And it fits in your back pocket.
It may be that the News of the World has crossed a line with it’s readers, just as the Sun did in Liverpool over the Hillsborough tragedy. A mass boycott this Sunday is possible and would be genuinely fucking funny. Pleading with other capitalists to sort it all out for us and make that nasty Mr Murdoch go away is just silly.
Whether a mass boycott does happen remains to be seen. If it does it will have little to do with anything some liberal said on twitter. For now people still appear to be buying the Sun. Compared to actively working to destroy working class communities, engineering hate campaigns against the sick, disabled and unemployed, or ruthlessly slandering a city in mourning, this all seems just a bit, well, under-whelming. People have got bigger shit to worry about at the moment. This was grubby hacks doing grubby hack shit. No-one died as a result of their actions.
The likes of Ford and NPower currently enjoying the
free corporate PR moral high ground by pulling ads do worse shit than this every fucking day. And meanwhile the rest of the corporate press, who are equally up to their necks in it, will enjoy the boost in ad revenue the current campaign is gifting them.
This hasn’t stopped the liberal twitterati jumping up and down with glee every time some corporate parasite grabs a bit of free air time by withdrawing an ad from the NOTW. Vote now says Sunny Hundal (ever the opportunist), email them, tweet, jump up and down in outrage, let’s see who we can boot out of the Newscorp house this week.
It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloids to become ever more intrusive and drag every last drop of sensational copy from every tragedy. It’s capitalism that has driven the tabloid witch hunts, the hate campaigns and the alienation which means some people know more about what Chezza’s up to than their neighbours. And it’s capitalism that has forced all of the corporate press, along with politicians, so far to the right of the political spectrum that it’s become the default setting even in the Guardian and the Mirror. It’s all about the money.
Appealing to other capitalists to change things is worse than futile. They will point to the inbuilt morality of the market whilst milking the situation for every last penny they can get. Perhaps NOTW will go down, perhaps not. Either way the market will be shown to have triumphed. Enjoy the spectacle folks. I’d rather watch X Factor.