yep, latest news from the fine folks at Conway Hall is that the event has been cancelled and they were unaware that Kollerstrom would be speaking.
- Workers Of The World Relax, Universal Automation Hits Google Store
- Petition To Scrap All Benefit Sanction Hits 10,000 Signatures To Round Off Successful Week of Action Against Workfare
- Support The Students And Help Kick The Cops Off Campus
- Young People To Face Workfare In Supermarkets Or 780 Hours Forced Community Work Osborne Announces
- Day 5: Online Action on workfare and sanctions – the finale
- 210,000 Pensioners Face Last Year’s Vicious Autumn Statement Cut
- Shameless! Are TCV and Groundwork Britain’s Biggest Benefit Scroungers?
- DWP Lose Again: Atos Assessments Do Discriminate Says Appeal Court
- Day 3: Target the companies replacing paid work with workfare
- Poorest Pensioners Could Be Made Homeless By Osborne’s Benefit Slashing
- Day 2: Stop Traineeships – workfare for young people
- Rowdy Mob Confronts Workfare Conference and Spoils Their Lunch
- Day 1: Take Online Action Against The Workfare Conference Monday 2nd December
- This week: take action to stop workfare and sanctions
- Second Suicide Linked To Welfare Reform Reported This Week: RIP Victor Cuff
- @UniversalAutoma thank you, and thank you for the app, think its great, sorry I was a few days late posting about it 10 hours ago
- RT @IzzyKoksal: Look after yourself and others around you at tomorrow's #copsoffcampus - good info here tmblr.co/Z9UHlp10WMBXl and http://t… 10 hours ago
- Workers Of The World Relax, Universal Automation Hits Google Store wp.me/p1Awq-1WQ 11 hours ago
- @suzyg001 yep clueless, the IT contractors must be laughing all the way to the bank 1 day ago
- "When it comes to IT I am a layman" Universal Credit Director Howard Shiplee - in charge of one of the biggest public IT projects in history 1 day ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Day 5: Action on workfare and sanctionsThe week of action has seen a very loud noise demo at the workfare industry’s annual conference, hijacking its hashtag and actions in Cardiff, Wrexham, and even one in Germany! There’s loads more planned this weekend – with a new action just announced in Sheffield this Saturday too (and one coming up next week in Oxford!). Thanks to everyone who’s been […] […]
- Day 5: Action on workfare and sanctions
- Interview with Colin Barnes: What are the origins of the social model of disability and why is it so important to equal rights campaigners?From University and College Union - UCU has produced this film as a contribution to Disability History Month (22 November to 22 December). We have aimed to make this film accessible to all members and welcome any feedback. Please use this film to commemorate Disability History and as a trade union and teaching resource… Continue Reading Interview with Coli […]
- Interview with Colin Barnes: What are the origins of the social model of disability and why is it so important to equal rights campaigners?
- Ian Duncan Smith Humiliated Again, and Again and Again.Humiliated, Humiliated and Humiliated. Iain Duncan Smith confronts claims DWP staff given targets to stop benefits First it was this: Iain Duncan Smith was confronted at the work and pensions select committee with claims that job centre staff are being handed targets to reduce the number of claimants by moving them off the register or ensuring […]
- Ian Duncan Smith Humiliated Again, and Again and Again.
- Cops off Campus: A reflection on police presence – a Birkbeck Student’s experience.After student protests, mass arrests and police brutality hit the headlines, news came that the Univeristy of London has obtained an injunction preventing further protests on its campus. This personal account explains why one student will defy the protest ban, and join in a national day of action called for tomorrow, including protests at University […]
- Cops off Campus: A reflection on police presence – a Birkbeck Student’s experience.
- Workfare and “swift and severe sanctions”: Diktats from Chancellor’s Autumn StatementYoung: JSA/UC 'out of work six months, 3 options: work experience, traineeship, or community work' = non r voluntary? bbc.co.uk/news/business-…— (@refuted) December 05, 2013 FOI Watch: Compulsory Work Experience, Traineeships and Community Work for 18 to 21 year olds … Continue reading →
- Workfare and “swift and severe sanctions”: Diktats from Chancellor’s Autumn Statement