“Research shows that up to 90% of CCTV installations fail to comply with the Information Commissioner’s UK CCTV Code of Practice and many installations are operated illegally. That has profound implications for the reputation of the CCTV and camera surveillance industry and all concerned with it. It‚s clear there is a need for an organisation dedicated to promoting the legal and effective use of CCTV. I’m not surprised there’s confusion. It’s a complex area not just covering appropriate siting and signage issues, but also various pieces of legislation. In particular, the Data Protection Act covers images of people and requires they are held securely if the data is to be used as legal and admissible evidence. Storing images of people is also impacted by the EU Human Rights Act. As things stand today, clever legal counsel could drive a horse and cart through most CCTV evidence and that is not in anybody’s best interests.”
- Support The Focus E15 Mothers Fighting For Their Children’s Future
- Government Advisor Plots Two Tier NHS Waiting Lists For People In Work
- Universal Jobmatch Still Riddled With Illegal Unpaid Work
- Stop Workfare In Its Tracks – Join The Week Of Action 29 March – 6 April 2014
- Policy Exchange Plot Smart Cards And Doubling The Length of Some Benefit Sanctions
- A Truly Chlling Move: Part Time Workers To Face Housing Benefit Sanctions DWP Confirms
- More Workfare, More Sanctions, Iain Duncan Smith’s Brutal and Barmy Plan To End Child Poverty
- Homes Not Jails: Sleeping Rough Is Not A Crime – Protest Tomorrow 26th February!
- Poverty Profiteers To Hold Forced Labour Party!
- Take Action Against Workfare Exploiters Peacocks On March 1st
- Huge Victory For Sick And Disabled Claimants As Atos Chased Out Of Vicious Benefit Assessments
- What The Fuck Does David Cameron Know About Poverty?
- Don’t Believe The Hype Unemployment Is Back On The Rise
- Don’t Blame Us For The Suffering We Cause Say Atos, We’re Just Making Money
- No More Deaths! Join The UK Wide Day Of Protest Against Atos On Wednesday February 19th
- RT @davesmith40uk: #universaljobmatch 6th March 595,312 Jobs . Currently 492296 Jobs.. So a 17.3% drop so far in about 36 hours ;) 10 hours ago
- No eviction from Focus E15. Suitable, permanent, social housing in London - please sign and RT: change.org/en-GB/petition… 10 hours ago
- Support The Focus E15 Mothers Fighting For Their Children’s Future wp.me/p1Awq-20n 16 hours ago
- RT @Dis_PPL_Protest: #DPAC and #ilf users will continue to fight this Government over #ilf closure -it's far from over & the fight will con… 2 days ago
- RT @AnitaBellows12: Independent Grassroots Fightback! – 2014 National DPAC Conference shar.es/R3VJf via @Dis_PPL_Protest 2 days ago
- Letter to The Guardian: ‘Grim toll of the government’s fit-for-work tests’ ~ Black Triangle, DPAC, Inclusion London & OthersBLACK TRIANGLE, DPAC & OTHERS LETTER TO THE GUARDIAN: 'The UK government and opposition should follow the Scottish government's pledge that private for-profit companies are removed entirely from having anything to do with the assessment of disabled people.' Continue reading →
- Letter to The Guardian: ‘Grim toll of the government’s fit-for-work tests’ ~ Black Triangle, DPAC, Inclusion London & Others
- Anti workfare flying pickets rock Salvation Army in EdinburghThanks to Edinburgh Coalition Against Poverty for this inspiring report of their action on 3rd March… a hint of what’s to come in the week of action? Anti workfare campaigners swooped on four Salvation Army shops in Edinburgh on 3rd March, blockading them all and turning away customers and a delivery lorry. Salvation Army managers […]
- Anti workfare flying pickets rock Salvation Army in Edinburgh
- Listen, share, buy or do all three:Wakey WakeyThis brilliant song by Alba Roma ‘The Tory Blues Wakey Wakey’ needs to be shared, RTed, and bought , or at least one of those It needs to be played on every radio station and played at all Demos until every household and every person in the UK has heard it, and until this set… Continue Reading Listen, share, buy or do all three:Wakey Wakey
- Listen, share, buy or do all three:Wakey Wakey
- Universal Job Match Ratchets up 60% Fakes.Hundreds of thousands of people hunting for work on a government jobs website may have been chasing posts that never existed, ministers admit. Nearly 60% of employment advertised on the Universal Jobmatch scheme could have been placed by bogus firms – some of which have been demanding upfront fees from applicants for fake background checks. […]
- Universal Job Match Ratchets up 60% Fakes.
- Campaigners Launch Call For Public Inquiry Into Undercover PoliceLast night, a packed and at times emotional meeting at Unite’s headquarters in London launched a new campaign calling for a public inquiry into undercover police surveillance against political activism. The Campaign Opposing Police Surveillance (COPS) brings together campaigners, trade unionists and lawyers targeted by undercover police operations and speake […]
- Campaigners Launch Call For Public Inquiry Into Undercover Police
- Work Programme mandated activity benefits sanctions: Crucial appeal tipsWhen a DWP Work Programme Provider considers a participant has failed to undertake a Mandatory Activity, they complete a benefit sanctions referral form WP08, on the basis that a written Mandatory Activity Notification has not been complied with. The DWP … Continue reading →
- Work Programme mandated activity benefits sanctions: Crucial appeal tips