- Mass Workfare Begins Next Monday … Or Does It?
- What Labour Said Then, What Labour Say Now And Why They Can’t Be Trusted On The Work Capability Assessment
- Why Falling Unemployment Can Be Bad News For Everyone
- DWP Block Report To Cover Up Work Programme Shambles
- Virgin Give The Game Away: Unpaid Worker Schemes Bring Corporate And Commercial Opportunities
- Bin British Gas: Put Power in Public Hands! Take Action On May 12th
- Just For The Record, The WCA Is Not Being Scrapped, Yet
- Who The Fuck Does Esther McVey Think She Is?
- The Rich Will Destroy London Like They Destroy Everything Else
- Housing Crisis, What Housing Crisis? Says Homelessness Charity Boss Jeremy Swain
- Join the physical or online blockade of the Salvation Army!
- Meet The Green Workfare Charity Boss Who Also Runs A Biotech Firm And Builds On Greenbelt Land
- Take Action Against The Green Charities Profiteering From Workfare
- Trade Unions Unite For Militant And Sustained General Strike Len McClusky Announces
- There’s Still No Pay At The Y.M.C.A – Boycott Workfare Target Forced Labour Charity
- Hugh Muir's Diary: Another fine mess for the Universal Job-botch website? gu.com/p/3zjxb/tw via @guardian 4 hours ago
- Mass Workfare Begins Next Monday … Or Does It? wp.me/p1Awq-235 4 hours ago
- RT @refuted: #Workfare: Royal Mail Group says, “stop considering it and just do it!” homeless.org.uk/connect/blogs/… by @HomelessLink 5 hours ago
- @Cadoret @UKJCP was it fuck a pilot scheme, it was all new claims with the aim of cutting IB claimants by one million, read the green paper 1 day ago
- @Cadoret @UKJCP Hanging's too good for them, they should be flayed and dragged through the streets. All of them. 1 day ago
- The leadership of the British Medical Association is ‘complicit in the suicides of Britain’s disabled people’For the BMA not to act 'is in our view to be complicit in the deaths of innocent people whose only crime is to have the misfortune to be sick and/or disabled' ~ Black Triangle Campaign "History will not hold them guiltless." Continue reading →
- The leadership of the British Medical Association is ‘complicit in the suicides of Britain’s disabled people’
- Workfare and housingAs we struggle to access our subsistence benefits – trying to navigate around workfare, benefit sanctions, and disrespect encountered in the job centre – often, simultaneously, we are struggling to keep a roof over our heads. Welfare and housing are closely connected, the poor state of both of them is causing poverty and suffering. The […]
- Workfare and housing
- DPAC National Conference #DPAC2014DPAC would like to thank everyone for making last week’s (April 12 2014) National Conference such a huge success. There was a huge turnout with over 150 disabled activists from all over the UK including many new DPAC members attending, but just as important there were hundreds of members and supporters beyond the venue taking… Continue Reading DPAC National […]
- DPAC National Conference #DPAC2014
- CAMERON WILL RESIGN IF SCOTS VOTE YES……..AND BORIS PM BY XMASIf Cameron goes after presiding over the break up of the UK Johnson is all set to lever Rifkind aside in Kensington and fight a by-election before xmas putting him in at Number Ten before Osborne knows what hit him. … Continue reading →
- CAMERON WILL RESIGN IF SCOTS VOTE YES……..AND BORIS PM BY XMAS
- Tackling Long-Term Unemployment: Workfare Touts Surface.Seminar: Tackling very long-term unemployment – what works and why? Timed to coincide with the launch of the ‘Help to Work’ programme in April 14, this seminar will explore what we know about those who become very long term unemployed (three years or more), what works in supporting them into employment, and why it works. The […]
- Tackling Long-Term Unemployment: Workfare Touts Surface.
- So who exactly IS now classified as a ‘Domestic Extremist’?A week ago, the Metropolitan Police responded to a Freedom of Information request asking for the total number of individuals currently classified as potential ‘domestic extremists’ and having their own records on the database of the National Domestic Extremism and Disorder Intelligence Unit (NDEDIU). The information they supplied was intriguing: they said: T […]
- So who exactly IS now classified as a ‘Domestic Extremist’?
- DWP signing-on trials: Online, Clerical drop and goFortnightly Jobsearch Reviews, (FJR) using digital channels https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/fortnightly_jobsearch_reviews_fj#incoming-507720Filed under: Signing on
- DWP signing-on trials: Online, Clerical drop and go
Monthly Archives: April 2007
MoD sources have confirmed that vets are being used in Iraq to treat casualties taken from the front line. Speaking only under cover of complete anonymity, our source, junior minister Tom watson, denied that this was a cost cutting exercise and claimed that vets are more than capable of patching people up in the heat of battle.
Pointing out that vets routinely deal with lions, tigers and crocodiles he made it clear that these are the best trained individuals available to work in stressful situations and that the ketamine was proving popular with our boys as well.
Vets are being used more and more as a replacement for GPs, it has recently been revealed that Margaret Thatcher has been treated by a vet for several years now and her distemper has almost cleared up, although the mange remains a problem.
Rumours that soldiers are to be neutered are not yet confirmed, but it is thought that with women now serving on the front line then Health and Safety guidelines make this inevitable. Several soldiers have made complaints to Officers which has resulted in them being sent to the front line in Afghanistan to be used as human shields.
the void was able to smuggle out the pic shown taken from the top secret celebrity launch of this latest venture. Prince Harry claimed he enjoyed the prick in his arse and would not hesitate in repeating the experience, but only after a few bevvies. Meanwhile poor Rolf is undergoing counselling.
Over 2,600 people, mostly asylum seekers, are locked up in detention camps and prisons in Britain, without trial and without time limit and with no automatic right to bail.
The government is building new detention centres with a target capacity of 4000.
One of these is about to be built inside the Gatwick airport area. They are starting building works in the coming months and planning to finish it by 2008.
On Saturday 21st of April 2007. There’s going to be a demonstration in Three Bridges near Crawley against the new detention centre. Come to the demonstration or organise solidarity demos/actions in your own cities and towns. Meet up at Jubilee Field in Three Bridges at noon. Nearest train stop Three Bridges. Come out of Three Bridges station and turn left into East Avenue,after two minutes walk the park (Jubilee Field) is on your right.
For more information on the campaign against the Gatwick detention centre and further details about the demo and companies involved in building and running the centre check www.indymedia.org.uk regularly or email:email@example.com
There will be a Mayday Anarchist Bloc assembling on 1st May in London. Assemble>at Clerkenwell Green at 12 o’clock – look out for Red and Black flags, and bring your own!
more general info on the march: www.londonmayday.org
Spread the word, bring your friends, family, etc.
See you there!
President Ahmadinehjad’s bitch Tony Blair has welcomed back the 15 holiday-makers who recently enjoyed a break at the expense of the Iranian regime. Sources in Iran claim they begged to stay, but frankly the Iranians had had enough of the smell of bacon every morning and were sick of the blokes trying it on with every women they saw who wasn’t wearing a burka.
The 15 brave tourists, who despite their military training were quite happy to roll over and say whatever they were damn well told to say arrived in Heathrow this morning dripping with gifts. Whilst no official statement has been given from the 15 we did get an off record comments from one of them who claimed the food was good, the beaches nice, but if you were looking for a bit of a ruck on a Saturday night forget it.
“The cheating bastards have got uzi’s” he complained.
Hundreds of Iranians are believed to have taken to the streets last night chanting “You only sing when you’re winning” and “15 – nil”.
Meanwhile Faye Turney’s children are said to be thrilled with the gifts they have received from Iran which have included an RPG, a cruise missile and a flak jacket each. The British government publically said last night that they were delighted that Iran was taking such an interest in the nation’s children and wondered if they had any ideas on how to deal with young offenders.
Meanwhile Ahmadinehjad is reported to have not stopped laughing for the last week and has had to take a short break to get over things. An Iranian official will stand in his place and laugh for him until his return. The Ayatollah is also reported to be pissing himself, which some have suggested may be against Qur’anic law. Allah was unavailable for comment, heavenly sources reveal he may also have been pissing himself.
Piers Morgan and Alan Rusbridger, editor of the fake friends to socialists the Guardian recently spoke for the GQ/Independant Media Section.. Now chinless wonder Piers makes us suspicious and gives us the creeps, but we can’t fault his line of questioning in this interview. Here’s some choice excertp, read the whole thing here.
“PM: What’s your current salary?
AR: It’s, er, about £350,000.
PM: What bonus did you receive last year?
AR: About £170,000, which was a way of addressing my pension.
PM: That means that you earned £520,000 last year alone. That’s more than the editor of The Sun by a long way.
AR: I’ll talk to you off the record about this, but not on the record.
PM: Why? In The Guardian, you never stop banging on about fat cats. Do you think that your readers would be pleased to hear that you earned £520,000 last year? Are you worth it?
AR: That’s for others to say.
PM: Wouldn’t it be more Guardian-like, more socialist, to take a bit less and spread the pot around a bit? We have this quaint idea that you guys are into that “all men are equal” nonsense, but you’re not really, are you? You seem a lot more “equal” than others on your paper.
AR: Er… [silence].
PM: Do you ever get awkward moments when your bonus gets published? Do you wince and think, “Oh dear, Polly Toynbee’s not going to like this one.”
AR: Er… [silence].
PM: Or is Polly raking in so much herself that she wouldn’t mind?
AR: Er… [silence].
PM: Are you embarrassed by it?
AR: No. I didn’t ask for the money. And I do declare it, too.
PM: But if you earned £520,000 last year, then that must make you a multimillionaire.
AR: You say I’m a millionaire?
PM: You must be – unless you’re giving it all away to charity…
PM: What’s your house worth?
AR: I don’t want to talk about these aspects of my life.
PM: You think it’s all private?
AR: I do really, yes.
PM: Did you think that about Peter Mandelson’s house? I mean, you broke that story.
AR: I, er… it was a story about an elected politician.
PM: And you’re not as accountable. You just reserve the right to expose his private life.
AR: We all make distinctions about this kind of thing. The line between private and public is a fine one, and you’ve taken up most of the interview with it.
PM: Well, only because you seem so embarrassed and confused about it.
AR: I’m not embarrassed about it. But nor do I feel I have to talk about it.”
“AR: But I’ve got children as well.
PM: They’re privately educated?
AR: Er… [pause].
PM: Is that a valid question?
AR: I don’t… think so… no.
PM: And you went to Cranleigh, a top public school.
AR: I did, yes.
PM: Do you feel uncomfortable answering that question?
AR: It falls into the category of something I don’t feel embarrassed about, but you get on to a slippery slope about what else you talk about, don’t you?
PM: It’s not really about your private life though, is it? It’s just a fact. And I assume by your reluctance to answer the question that they are privately educated.
AR: [Pause] Again, I am trying to make a distinction between…
PM: You often run stories about Labour politicians sending their kids to private schools, and you are quite censorious about it. Are you worried that it makes you look a hypocrite again?
AR: No. I think there are boundaries. It goes back to this question of whether editors are public figures or not.”
“PM: Do you like money?
AR: I remember JK Galbraith saying to me once: “I’ve been rich and I’ve been poor, and rich is better.” You can have an easier life if you have money.
PM: I heard you bought a grand piano for £50,000.
AR: £30,000 – the most extravagant thing I’ve ever bought.
PM: Are you any good at it?
AR: I can play quite well, I suppose. I rarely inflict it on anyone else, though.
PM: Is it true you play naked?
AR: No. I usually play fully clothed in the mornings.”
hat tip I suppose, to that bastard Dale.
Dimwit cops shut down half of north London last night due to a few hundred people having a party. Holloway Rd and surrounding areas were completely closed off as riot police attempted to stop 200 or so people attending the already successful event which had been open since 1pm.
The police and fire brigade had been in attendance earlier in the day however after some negotiation the fire chaps agreed the venue was safe and they were happy for the event to go ahead.
This didn’t deter the blundering boys on blue who showed up around 1am and created a major public order situation out of thin air causing huge disruption in the area.
Latest news at 4am was the police had gone home and people were once again free to enter the building, we’ll keep you posted with any developments.
Meanwhile a report is available on uk indymedia.